Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So this is my first mod and it should have been a simple one but anyone who knows about modding it can lead to other mods quickly.
I first liked the new valve stem covers right away until I drove my ride and noticed when I stopped, the SRT label wasn't horizontal to the ground on all four wheels, being the perfectionist that I am I set off into the unknown to fix this problem.
My first thought was to adjust and control wheel speed so that the SRT label would always be in the right position every time I stopped so I began with the on board computer. Armed with my trusty iphone a laser level,multi purpose leatherman and gorilla glue I was able to break the 128 bit encryption within 2 minutes (don't know what the big deal is Predator?) and through the apple app store developed a new app to control each individual wheel speed so no matter what speeds you encounter while moving all wheels are adjusted by the time you stop> simple enough huh. I have ownership of the new app and will make it available to forum members at a hefty discount of .01% all you have to do is sign waiver that I will not be held responsible for any law violations with the increased speed you will encounter. Now this new speed was an unexpected bonus yea pretty bad ass, I'm currently running high 9's at the track with ease, have several kills on the street daily including that thorn in our side the X5M ,ppfffftttt really? not even a player now and it started all with a simple mod........so along the way I developed my own CAI system with these same valve stem covers, on the drivers side front (thats where air filter is located for you newbs) I removed the guts of the valve stem and then proceeded to drill 1.5 inch hole on inside of tire closest to intake port so now cold air is drawn in through valve stem into tire the wheel spin forces the air into the intake area almost like a blower.....hmmm didn't realize to just now that I had supercharged with tuning....... so anyway you should see the formula for that project. wheel speed X air pressure X barometric humidity X throttle input /4 X 4 /4 oh well something like that......
Back to the garage for me, working on my next project.......simple window tint I wonder if I can decrease resistance with tint on outside of window hhmmmmmm:rofl:

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
All our prayers have finally been answered!!!

I was just looking on the app store and can't seem to find yours??? Please help I want to go faster too!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
86 Posts
Genius, Brooksie. Pure genius! I knew there had to be a simple fix for the SRT logo issue. Kudos to you on making the mod--and for sharing it with the rest of us at such a reasonable rate. Can you imagine the thousands of dollars that could run--for each tire? Thank you. Thank you.

I'll be interested to hear of your tinting mods, also. I have a system in place that works for the most part, but there are a few kinks. It's hard to explain lyrically and phonetically, but the tint on the exterior of the windows diverts sunrays at a 14 degree downward angle, which, when caught in the Jeep's aerodynamic slipstream, directs cool air towards the rear tires, thus cooling the brakes...and the tires. That way I can always get an accurate read of my tire pressure. Because as we all know, you're supposed to measure PSI when the tires are cool. I haven't figured out how to manipulate the system to work for the front tires. Yet. That's MY next project.

·
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
5,153 Posts
Very nice, my first mod will be the Flux-Capacitor... you never know when Libyans in a VW Bus will pop up.

Reactions: SRT8Girl12

·
Registered
438 Posts
i learned the hard way that installing metal valve stem covers is a big NO NO. i live in New York, and last year we had a miserable winter (lots of snow). when i went to fix my tire, the valve stem cover seized and wouldnt turn. i actually snapped it off, forcing me to go buy new TPMSs, which then forced to me have the dealership program them, costing me $100 each in material and $100 of their time, for each one

i understand how you may think it wont happen to you, but if you live in an area with poor weather conditions, keep the stock plastic ones. anything else is a waste of money, trust me

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Looks nice but put some anti seize on them. Living down south might not be much of a problem but I broke two of mine. Luckily the dealer wrote them up as warranty, he got a nice gift certificate out if it.

Jim

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the heads up guys. These were a gift and I thought they looked better in the case with a keychain they came with anyway so I didn't use them which gave me the idea for this silly thread anyway

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Genius, Brooksie. Pure genius! I knew there had to be a simple fix for the SRT logo issue. Kudos to you on making the mod--and for sharing it with the rest of us at such a reasonable rate. Can you imagine the thousands of dollars that could run--for each tire? Thank you. Thank you.

I'll be interested to hear of your tinting mods, also. I have a system in place that works for the most part, but there are a few kinks. It's hard to explain lyrically and phonetically, but the tint on the exterior of the windows diverts sunrays at a 14 degree downward angle, which, when caught in the Jeep's aerodynamic slipstream, directs cool air towards the rear tires, thus cooling the brakes...and the tires. That way I can always get an accurate read of my tire pressure. Because as we all know, you're supposed to measure PSI when the tires are cool. I haven't figured out how to manipulate the system to work for the front tires. Yet. That's MY next project.
It's like your in my head man we should get our ideas together for the benefit of all:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.