Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the terrible experience I had with Bayside Jeep, the people at town and country Jeep provided me a smooth transaction with my black SRT8.

Got to say, I love everything that this jeep has to offer. The weather got really cold today and I really like the fact that when I remote started the truck, the heat, seat warmers, and steering wheel warmer all turned on. Everything was nice and toasty when I got into it.

Just one question though, I noticed that the steering wheel was tight when going slow like pulling out of my driveway, but when I get to the highway, the steering got lighter. Is this normal because I always thought it was suppose to be the other way around.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congratulations. My steering is like that too. I like how it feels on and off the highway. My arms would get tired if it stayed that stiff on the road. Remember, we are not talking steering on a Trail Blazer here where they feel like jelly in the city. This is its own monster.

Have fun.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Congrats on the new whip! I love the automatic comfort settings with the remote start as well, been mid 10's here lately.

I believe the steering is normal how you describe. Thought I read something before about it. Maybe on a review?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congrats on your black beast! Glad it finally worked out for you. It took me awhile to get used to the steering as well(arms get a bit tired driving around the city), but it's all good!:)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Just one question though, I noticed that the steering wheel was tight when going slow like pulling out of my driveway, but when I get to the highway, the steering got lighter. Is this normal because I always thought it was suppose to be the other way around.
That's how it should be. The faster you go, the lighter you need the steering so more steering input is needed to turn the car. If you have heavy steering while going faster it could be trouble.

Congrats on the truck, enjoy.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
congrats, look good.

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I'm getting use to it and starting to like it. I reason some cars have it the other way around is so that when you go fast, the steering stays more stable because any small jerk of the steering wheel can make you loose control when your going fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.