Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am finally in the market for a wk2 and got to test drive one today. I couldn't get the dealer where i wanted to be so the search continues (they only wanted 1k over invoice but were pretty far off from where my research indicated my trade should be). I will say that i was thoroughly impressed by the Jeep!

In any case wanted to ask, A) are folks finding invoice pricing b) is it really true that the jeep doesn't have power folding mirrors? c) do you have any tips that i should keep in mind for shopping and negotiating? D) should i be looking at other aources to value my trade in besides kelly blue book, nada, and black book?

· Registered
223 Posts
I paid a little over invoice. These jeeps are limited production so invoice pricing will be rare. You may be setting yourself up for failure. Negotiations will have more leverage on trade in.

You are right, no auto folding mirrors. You can snap them back though.

Kelly blue book is a ballpark. If you really want to see what its worth, visit a few dealers around where you live. You could actually just call a couple big used car lots and ask if they want to buy your used car and see what they say right over the phone.. Average them out and that is what you can expect. Realize that it isn't going to be what you expect on blue book. By doing this at least you know your dealer is in check with the market. I called 2 dealers and they were within $500. One dealer was a used car lot that I asked them to buy it outright, the other was my jeep dealer.

I hope I helped

Reactions: heywire

· Registered
405 Posts
Of course a private sale will bring you the most $ but it may take longer than you want to wait to sell it.
and the tax break when trading a vehicle is nice (if it applies in your state). selling a vehicle private party is a total pita. i've done it a few times and it's always taken months with lots of tire kickers and in the end i probably didn't do much better than trade value when you figure in the tax break and time lost. i only sold my z06's privately as they were heavily modded and no dealers would likely take them. for all three sold jeeps of mine i've traded them in.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Just get your poker face one. Act aloof and not interested. The sales guys could never tell what I was thinking when I was in buying mine. Also, I like to make them wait it out. I went in after work to look at mine. Got the papers ready to sign but I left to go get diner. They looked at me like wth. My dinner was more important. They offered to buy my dinner if I sign the papers that night. I told them I'll be back tomorrow. I was but a couple hours late from what I said. I finally told them give me this on my trade and I'll sign the papers right now. Then I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
220 Posts
I went in to look at one (actually the one I ended up buying) and told them how much I wanted to pay, then proceeded to tell them that it had many options I didn't want so I'd be looking at what other dealers had. Left without ever making an offer. Probably a week went by before they got serious, right after they had a deal with someone who eventually walked on it. Then they had to have my jeep and my dodge ram both as trade-ins for the new one, and we went back and forth a couple of days with that nonsense until my salesman went directly to the gen mgr (on the new car mgr's day off, no less) and the deal was struck with no trade for my truck and a really great trade in for my 2010 srt8 and fantastic new car price.

My advice is to be patient and don't agree to anything until you're really ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.