Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
the..opinionated youngin'
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Finally making a intro thread. I am a high schooler in Atlanta, Ga.
My parents and I decided to make a split second decision to buy a used 08 SRT-8. We got it with about 38k miles with the interior and all being in pretty good condition. After about three weeks I am in love. I have wanted this car ever since it came out and even though its not the newest car I am completely happy. Right now I have no mods and dont want to make it look completely tacky but want to do some subtle exterior mods.
Anyway, I like to type more than I should but I look forward to hanging around the forums!

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Welcome a board , but No pictures ?

·
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'll get pictures up now! its nothing special haha.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Congratulations on the new vehicle and welcome to the forums. You will find plenty of great information on here so don't be afraid to use the search function.

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Pics please...........

·
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pics are up!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome from Duluth GA.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
Welcome! and I love your sig picture!!

BTW, here's a better one. ;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
well congrats are in order, but i just cant wrap my head around getting a person of your age a vehicle with this kind of horsepower. I know how i was and everyone i knew was at your age and no way could i have been trusted to handle a vehicle like that. Cant even begin to tell you how many friends i lost due to car accidents within the first 10 years out of high school.
Guessing youre probably a excellent student and well behaved as well (i wasnt)
So none of my biz but did you pay a portion of it or was it a gift.Anyways enjoy it and welcome, and sorry if i came off like a hater but its more like a worrier. Please be careful

·
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well congrats are in order, but i just cant wrap my head around getting a person of your age a vehicle with this kind of horsepower. I know how i was and everyone i knew was at your age and no way could i have been trusted to handle a vehicle like that. Cant even begin to tell you how many friends i lost due to car accidents within the first 10 years out of high school.
Guessing youre probably a excellent student and well behaved as well (i wasnt)
So none of my biz but did you pay a portion of it or was it a gift.Anyways enjoy it and welcome, and sorry if i came off like a hater but its more like a worrier. Please be careful
Yes I Do understand your worries as do many people. I had a less powerful car (Saturn sky redline) and my dad wanted that. So we made a deal that when I made eagle scout we could get a car that we would all agree on. So we almost got a challenger srt8 but decided an all wheel drive car would be better. Even as a high schooler I consider myself to be a pretty responsible person. Thanks for your concern! And hopefully I will be driving that car for many years to come

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Ok so, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and probably get flamed to shit for this but, you made eagle scout, and your folks bought you an SRT8. Your still in High School. I think that's the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard. I'm sure your the most responsible kid ever.......whatever. I just hope your parents don't post any bad news on here. Sorry....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've tried to get everyone together for a meet, but it seems like everyone around is lazy,or just not into it. I joined a local Mopar Club that has meets, and cruises.

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Ok so, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and probably get flamed to shit for this but, you made eagle scout, and your folks bought you an SRT8. Your still in High School. I think that's the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard. I'm sure your the most responsible kid ever.......whatever. I just hope your parents don't post any bad news on here. Sorry....
WTF? You don't know this kid and more so who are you to judge him? Don't judge him based on your life choices and screw ups and hater tendencies.
UNBELIEVABLE......go ahead quote me with your normal 2-3 paragraph blah blah blah BS
Don't listen to this guy enjoy your jeep!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
WTF? You don't know this kid and more so who are you to judge him? Don't judge him based on your life choices and screw ups and hater tendencies.
UNBELIEVABLE......go ahead quote me with your normal 2-3 paragraph blah blah blah BS
Don't listen to this guy enjoy your jeep!
Hey Brook why don't you go tell that to my best friend Matt's parents, and Sarah's parents, and Mike's Parents. They were all killed in car accident in high school cause Matt's parents bought him a 5.0 Mustang. It's not the kids fault. It's the parents. I don't know him. I know that's a lot of car for someone who's been driving for a year.

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Hey Brook why don't you go tell that to my best friend Matt's parents, and Sarah's parents, and Mike's Parents. They were all killed in car accident in high school cause Matt's parents bought him a 5.0 Mustang. It's not the kids fault. It's the parents. I don't know him. I know that's a lot of car for someone who's been driving for a year.
It's the kids first post and he's excited as hell and you want to piss on it . Bottom line.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Thanks for the pics , now trow a Supercharger on it and go even faster he he

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Kokanee........I normally love everything you say bro, but I don't know if ball-tapping this lucky young guy is necessary. FYI- Becoming an Eagle Scout is like becoming a Navy Seal at that age

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide

1 - 20 of 27 Posts