Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One just arrived at my local dealership so I went to check it out. They don't even have a price on it yet. I didn't get to drive it (it literally just got there, but sat in it and fired it up). Didn't think it sounded as cool as a stock Wk1. My initial impression is that I would buy the thing based on the interior alone; it makes my '07s interior look like garbage! I also love the front end, very cool. The rest of the exterior styling just doesn't do it for me though (YET). And I say 'yet' because often when re-designs of new vehicles come out I find myself holding on to the preference for the older models then as time passes the older models look dated to me and I start to like the latest models better (I hope this doesn't happen too soon because I have decided to keep mine for a while!). The odd thing is that when it comes to the non-SRT models I think the Wk2 looks WAY better than the Wk1, just something about the rounded lines on the new SRT that takes some getting used to. Anyway, I really like the new rig and can forsee a time where I'll feel like it might make mine seem dated. At that point maybe I'll consider getting one, but not yet! The Wk1 looks like a Hot Rod, the Wk2 is nice, but I am not sure how to describe except that it is cool and luxurious.
Just my .02 :)

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I like the front of da wk2 and the rest of it looks da same as the non srt wk2.

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
i hear what you're saying on the previous model looking more dated as time passes...i think a lot of WK1 guys (even though they may not admit it) will find themselves liking the WK2 more and more. at first i was skeptical but day after day i find myself seeing it at different angles and in different light and liking it more and more with each passing day. though the rims could be 2" stock, the style has grown on me and with my 275/45's (instead of the stock 295/45) hakka 7's on it looks even better. it may not be as aggressive looking in comparison to the non-srt model as was the WK1, but IMO, it not only is more refined but does have a great look that will stay looking great for quite some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.