Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend was a big mod weekend.

Installed front and rear R1 concept drilled/slotted rotors. New pads

16 new NGK spark plugs

New mobile 1 oil

New Zerex coolant

Fri lil boy cam.

And Johan Tooned

Just fired it up tonight. But after drinking beer while installing... I decided to not test drive it tonight. Lol.

Ive installed other cams before. And I'm ASE and Toyota certified. Damn I'm spoiled using a lift at work. My back hates me leaning over the bumper / fenders.

So hopefully I can clean the garage up tomorrow, finish wiring in my wideband a/f. And go have some fun!

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Which Lil Boy did you get? You will love this cam. Its a ripper off the line! Post up some vids once you rip it.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Was it hard to change the plugs? I'm going to change mine before I start racing this year.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Plugs arent hard to change at all. Probably one of the easiest rigs there is to do. 2 people work best. One to pull them and another to apply electrode grease and anti-sieze to the plug so the rotation flows quick and smooth.

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I can't wait to drive it tomorrow. I'll try to get some videos.

I got the 114lsa cam. So its not as noticeable. Which is what I wanted.

The plugs are not "hard" but I wouldn't say they are the easiest to change.

I would say stress level of 5/10 to change them.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Nice and congrats man! You have the 0 degree or the +4 degree Little Boy cam?

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the 0 degree. I wanted the plus 4 but I got a good deal on this one.

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
+0 is blower friendly for down the road.....

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
This is the 0 degree. I wanted the plus 4 but I got a good deal on this one.
Cool bro!!! Thats the same one I am running as well.. At first because you are on a starter tune the Jeep will feel the same to you, but once you dial in your fuel and then crank up the timing a bit your jeep is gonna feel like a completely different Beast man.... The first this I noticed right away after playing with my fuel was that my jeep would go from 1st to 2nd gear a lot quicker now.. Enjoy it brother!

Reactions: Rocky31186

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hoping to put some miles on it tomorrow and get some datalogs for Johan. So I can get it dialed in more.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Cool bro!!! Thats the same one I am running as well.. At first because you are on a starter tune the Jeep will feel the same to you, but once you dial in your fuel and then crank up the timing a bit your jeep is gonna feel like a completely different Beast man.... The first this I noticed right away after playing with my fuel was that my jeep would go from 1st to 2nd gear a lot quicker now.. Enjoy it brother!

Any tips on how to dial in the fuel and timing? I'm on my 12th revision and can't dial this thing in. Our weather up here sucks ballsacks BTW.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Woot! Glad to see you finally got the cam installed. I loved this cam for the setup I had at the time. That cam has been [email protected] so I expect a good number from you! ;-). Haha.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Congrats on the Lilboy , you have the same one I have :)

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Any tips on how to dial in the fuel and timing? I'm on my 12th revision and can't dial this thing in. Our weather up here sucks ballsacks BTW.
Took me 3 revisions to dial my tune in..... You need to have a trinity and you need to ne logging AFR on the analog input.... Once you have that do a roll in 4th gear from 40mph all the the way thru the gear. Once that is done you can turn up timing...

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it's time for the good news / bad news...

Good news is I took it out for a drive today. On my way home I did a couple half throttle pulls making sure air fuel was safe. And you could definitely tell that it had more power.

Bad news is I got home and it was ticking loud. Like a push rod type tick.

So I shut it down, pulled the valve cover off.. All the push rods were seated in the rockers still. So I pulled them out and found this.

When I put them in I torqued and turned the motor over by hand to make sure everything moved the way it should. And never mad noise until my half throttle pulls.

Any idea why it would do this?? Trying to find a local intake push rod to see if it fixes the noise.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Yeah not good man.... We turned my engine a few times on each side and I had a pushrod pop out out of place. So I had to loose up the rocker arm and tighten it back up in that special sequence again... This happen to us on both sides, so.it helps to have an extra person to help you look at the movement of the springs as you are turning the engine by hand. If I was you I would just install a set of Manley forged pushrods and call it a day.... That's what I did on my Beast....

·
That guy..
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is my 2nd cam install on a hemi. I turned it over and had another person there to watch. The other side. And we isn't see anything wrong.

This pushrod wasn't popped out, or loose at the time.

Motor still ran fine. So that's a good sign. Just looking for a local push rod to get it back together.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
This is my 2nd cam install on a hemi. I turned it over and had another person there to watch. The other side. And we isn't see anything wrong.

This pushrod wasn't popped out, or loose at the time.

Motor still ran fine. So that's a good sign. Just looking for a local push rod to get it back together.
Oh ok.... Same thing me and a friend did on my Jeep..... Cool man!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.