Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been adding a number of small interior improvements since day one (sills, dead pedal, ...), trying to get my rig closer to how I think it should've come new. I've wanted to do upgrade the ebrake handle for a couple years and finally got around to it; the plastic one was just so hideous. Got the handle on-line for $120 (would've been $220 plus tax at the stealership in Canada), and paid my local shop $100 to install it. So much nicer. IMO, the darker color works great with the steering wheel and all of the other dark trim inside.
Cheers.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Looks great. been thinking about doing this also for a long time. maybe this summer.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Looks waaaay better. The dead pedal and leather e-brake are really on my list of improvements this year. Really completes the truck.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Looks like another one to add to the list .Oops 2 is the Dead pedal a stock 08+ part??

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think so. Got mine from Ultimate Pedals.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ultimatepedals.com

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here's a link to the page on their site:
http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=89_90&products_id=2518

I got the 'Shiny Smooth' finish with 'Flat Grip Inserts'; it's a pretty good match.

**My only complaint is that it is bare aluminum so salt, ... from your shoes eat away at it a bit in the winter.
You have to specify if you want it engraved (it was an extra $25 a few years ago).

Easy install: Line it up with the plastic kick panel to the left of where the pedal goes. I pushed the plastic outward to position the pedal better; then just screw right through the carpet.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
570 Posts
E-brake looks nice! Might just be my next mod. Think the install is kind of a pain though?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya. U have to remove the center console and the rear seat...,,, apparently u can change it with the rear seat in if u change just the handle and not the cable. For me it was worth paying someone $100 to do it ) even the dealership said they'd do it for $110 (plus whatever other taxes and miscellaneous charges they would tack on!).
Cheers.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Lurker
4,224 Posts
Looks good! I also had this done a few years back. Never could stand that cheap plastic e-brake from the 06/07 model years - it was such an eyesore. I went one step further and had the base of the handle dyed to match the rest of the light gray interior, so that it would blend in a bit more:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.