Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Thats my ATI TH400/converter/flexplate/transbrake shipping out today.

In summary, here is the final build that will be completed over the winter and ready for racing 2012 just in time before the world ends.

438ci shortblock (Manley crank, 300M Rods, Manley Pistons, Darton MID sleeves)

Borg Warner 98mm Turbo

DSS 9" IRS with True-Trac and 3.55 gears

Marcella Manifold

CCW Wheels & M&H Tires

Nitrous Pro-Flow

This should complete the entire build now that all the pieces are in place and ready for installation.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Is this the build of yours from over on the Challenger site, that you keep changing your mind about? If so you need to stop upgrading & just build the thing. LOL

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my build that I have been working on for 2 years. I have changed engine 3 times, trans twice, turbos three times and the car has only ran for about 7 miles.

Cant make atco, will be at SEMA

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Damn congratulations Andy, it's about time! That thing is going to be a freaking beast! How come you are sticking with the 6.1 heads?

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have too many customers waiting on 6.4's and they are hard to get. Dont feel right taking a set when paying customers are waiting on them. I have these 6.1 heads sitting here ready to go anyway. Even with the 6.1 heads, I have enough turbo/nitrous to exceed the limits of the block/head gaskets anyway so the extra power from the apache's are not really needed.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
I have too many customers waiting on 6.4's and they are hard to get. Dont feel right taking a set when paying customers are waiting on them. I have these 6.1 heads sitting here ready to go anyway. Even with the 6.1 heads, I have enough turbo/nitrous to exceed the limits of the block/head gaskets anyway so the extra power from the apache's are not really needed.
Wow, that's a customer oriented response if I have ever seen one. But good to hear you will still be able to destroy the block with the little 6.1 heads :D. I can't wait to see this thing in action.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Sorry this was a duplicate post

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Sweet Andy! can't wait to see it finished

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
hahaha im one of those lucky customers that gets those beefy heads :)..... cant wait to get my nice PWR motor :).

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my rods ordered today.

PRO SERIIES 300M I-Beams
Forged from 300 M aircraft quality material
Fully machined to produce the lightest and strongest rod possible
Shot peened after machining to Mil specs and 100% individually magnafluxed
7/16" ARP Custom Age 625+ cap screws

The crank was sent off to be ion-nitrided, the block is getting some additional work done to it right now. Within a month, the engine will be ready to drop in and then we begin tuning.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts