Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a zoo out there last night. I think everyone with a car must've showed up. ;) It was insanity in the staging lanes. Got real cool after the sun went down, but the DA never dropped below 8000. In reality it only got down to 66, but it got windy, and it felt pretty chilly. That's mountain racing for you...

Everyone complained about how loose the track was all night, but I was hooking up real good. 10 on the QA1's and 32 on the Toyo's hot. Left around 2200 rpm. It just leaped off the line and I was gone.

Only got a chance for one rev on my race toon, but it was pulling strong. Murdered a M3 on the way home from a roll twice. First time he didn't know what hit him. So I guess he got pissed and tried to challenge me from ~60. I just lept away from him and he kept getting smaller and smaller in my mirror. We were well into triple digits, and it was clear he was never gonna catch up, so I let off. At least he didn't attempt a ricer flyby. I think he was too embarrassed to look at me. LOL!

Anyways I had a decent night, but as always, I wish it were a little better. Four runs, four 11's, and new PB's all around. Pulled my first 1.6 60', 7.5 1/8, and my best pass was 11.869 @ 113.92 at 8132 DA. At least I know for sure my first 11 wasn't a fluke, and seems I can run them every time. Only got beat once by my buddy Joe's C6. Used to be he wouldn't even line up with me, but he's got an Edlebrock blower now. Still took him to around the 1000' mark to catch up and pass me. I owned the first 1/2. There was a ZR1 there, but I didn't get to line up. :( I would've murdered him. He was running 12.2's.

Toona tamed my new fuel system and my AFR was right on the money. And the new double pumper never missed a beat.

Here's my runs...

11.892 @ 114.31 8505 DA
11.910 @ 114.12 8409 DA
11.869 @ 113.92 8138 DA
11.924 @ 113.74 8013 DA

All correct to 10.8's.

One thing that's clear is a good toon is critical! Last week I had a generic tune and ran low 13's and high 12's. With Johan's tooning last night, on average from last week, I dropped 1.13 seconds from my ET's and gained 10.21 mph. Nothing changed but the toon. Both days were in 8K+ DA. Thanks Toona! You Da Man!

wink

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Way to go MIKE. I am looking at your R/T and what the hell you doing up there eatin lunch lol. A .222 is 2 tenths from perfact hehe. In a good race you need to be at .001 to .030 lol. I get it now it must be the THIN air up there hehe.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
good job wink lets all kill em next year with the fast ass jeeps!

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Nice way to wrap up the season Mike! Running consistent 11s in 8K+ DA is BEAST!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Congrats Mike, way to finish up the season strong!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congrats Mike!!!

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide App

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Wink always raising the bar out in the mountains! Congrats and a New PB bro!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Super JEEP you have there wink , Most can't even hit that at sea level LOL ... Congrats again . What Pulley you're running ?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Way to go MIKE. I am looking at your R/T and what the hell you doing up there eatin lunch lol. A .222 is 2 tenths from perfact hehe. In a good race you need to be at .001 to .030 lol. I get it now it must be the THIN air up there hehe.
LOL! I usually play with myself till the third yellow. The crowd seems to enjoy it. :cool:

good job wink lets all kill em next year with the fast ass
jeeps!
Thanks bud! I was looking for you and Phil last week and Wed. But yeah I'm looking forward to next year. There were a couple of new Jeeps out there both days, but overall Mopar's are becoming more common out there.

Nice way to wrap up the season Mike! Running consistent 11s in 8K+ DA is BEAST!!! :eek:
Thanks man! I was out this morning and even on the street toon and pump it feels really strong and smooth. Finally got the idle right too. I think it just wanted some more fuel.

Congrats Mike, way to finish up the season strong!
Thanks bro! You hiding out or working? Missed hangin' out with you guys.

Nice & consistent times there Wink. Sounds like you had a lot if fun even though it was crowded.

Jim
Thanks Jim! Yeah I have fun even when I lose. But I did tell my bud with the Vette not to get used to beating me. Next season could have a different outcome. ;)

Congrats Mike!!!

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide App
Thanks bud! It was good seeing and talking to you again. Been a while...

Wink always raising the bar out in the mountains! Congrats and a New PB bro!
Thanks bro! You know I'll never stop trying. Well maybe at parachute level. LOL!

Super JEEP you have there wink , Most can't even hit that at sea level LOL ... Congrats again . What Pulley you're running ?
Thanks bro! It's definitely running great right now. I pulled 1.31 G's in the 60' and was still pulling .3 G's at the end of the run. I've still got the 28 and 3.125" pulleys on there. I made 8.98 PSI on the above run. Made 9.27 on the next and ran slower. And the temp and DA were lower on that last run. Go figure...

wink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts