Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys, so last night I was thinking a lot about this idea of a new poll which captured the percentages of owners on this site who have performance modifications done to their vehicles, and what route they decided to go. I figured this could be a really piece of information to look at whether you have owned your WK1 for 5 years or whether you are looking to buy one. Now obviously not everyone who owns a WK1 is a member of this site, but it can still provide a good demographic of what percentage of owners on the site have gone with route x vs. route y. In my head this seemed like a very useful and interesting factual repository but again, that was in my head so if you disagree simply tell me don't bash me lol. I spent quite some time trying to decide the classes so if you have suggestions please let me know and I will adjust accordingly. Also, this is just the feeler thread because I don't want to spend a lot of time creating the pole if you all don't think it will be as useful as I originally intended. So without further adieu, here are the classes I thought would cover everything:

Option 1: Stock
Option 2: Stock Block Minor Bolt Ons (CAI, Catback, tune)
Option 3: Stock Block Major Bolt Ons (Heads, Cam, Headers)
Option 4: Stock Block with Nitrous
Option 5: Stock Block with Vortec
Option 6: Stock Block with Whipple
Option 7: Stock Block with Maggie
Option 8: Stock Block with Kenne Bell
Option 9: Stock Block with ProCharger
Option 10: Stock Block with Techco
Option 11: Stock Block with Single Turbo
Option 12: Stock Block with Multi-Turbo
Option 13: Stroker 6.4L(393)
Option 14: Stroker 7.0L(426)
Option 15: Stroker 7.2L(440)
Option 16: Stroker with Nitrous
Option 17: Stroker with Vortec
Option 18: Stroker with Whipple
Option 19: Stroker with Maggie
Option 20: Stroker with Kenne Bell
Option 21: Stroker with ProCharger
Option 22: Stroker with Techco
Option 23: Stroker with Single Turbo
Option 24: Stroker with Multi-Turbo
Option 25: The "Keoni Special" - SC'ed Stroker with Nitrous

Alright so listed above were the classes I thought of, I believe it covers everything if not tell me and I will make adjustments. Again, I just thought it would be cool to see what percentages of owners on this forum have a particular setup vs. another. Also, for those of you who have goals to have a future setup, don't list that, list your current setup. Let's keep this as factual as possible. If your jeep is currently getting a turbo installed then yeah it's fine to vote saying you have a turbo setup because it's in construction.

Ok guys let me know what you think!

Reactions: 1BAMFR

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Option 11 FTW!!!:D

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Option 2 and 3 should be stock block too don't ya think John?

Reactions: jps043

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Cool idea for a thread :cool:

I'll have the Option 2- hold the cat-back :D (I'm probably one of the few that still has a stock exhaust- for now ;) )

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
1,2,3,7,and now 19

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Don't forget the "medium" bolt ons.:rofl: That would be stock heads with cam!! And you forgot the Winston Special too..... Forged 6.1L with Turbo.;)

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha this is just a feeler thread, if ppl like this idea and my classes I will create a poll that everyone can see with the visual data.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I think this is a great idea john...

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm, better question for me would be, what route havent i gone. lol havent gone the supercharger route, but aside from that....
1,2,14, then on to 24.
1,2,3,7,and now 19
I think it would make most sense for each person to only vote once and to only vote for their current setup. You guys agree?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Haha this is just a feeler thread, if ppl like this idea and my classes I will create a poll that everyone can see with the visual data.
I like the idea, I'm sure a lot of us here are number/stat junkies and like seeing the breakdowns of the members here. It would be really cool if it could be made into a database like the timeslips, that way users could edit their "Option #" when it changes, as most invariably do :D I know I don't plan on staying an Option 2 special forever ;)

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the idea, I'm sure a lot of us here are number/stat junkies and like seeing the breakdowns of the members here. It would be really cool if it could be made into a database like the timeslips, that way users could edit their "Option #" when it changes, as most invariably do :D I know I don't plan on staying an Option 2 special forever ;)
I completely agree maybe the mods can look into this. Bernie???? Haha thanks for the input!

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
I think it would make most sense for each person to only vote once and to only vote for their current setup. You guys agree?
This is just a feeler thread, right? and there is going to be atleast 1 385 Stroker so make it 12.5.

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is just a feeler thread, right? and there is going to be atleast 1 385 Stroker so make it 12.5.
That is correct Chad just a feeler until I get all the correct info. Ok 383 and is that 6.2L?

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
That is correct Chad just a feeler until I get all the correct info. Ok 383 and is that 6.2L?

385 and it is a 6.3L

·
Registered
785 Posts
I saw the poll that had the time slips in it. would it be possible to make a poll similar to that and have people type in the size of their engine along with other subsets of things. like cam,heads,exhaust,turbos,superchargers stuff like that. That way it wont be so nitty gritty with which class to choose and you can see what everyone has done from their own perspective.

Reactions: kokanee13

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I saw the poll that had the time slips in it. would it be possible to make a poll similar to that and have people type in the size of their engine along with other subsets of things. like cam,heads,exhaust,turbos,superchargers stuff like that. That way it wont be so nitty gritty with which class to choose and you can see what everyone has done from their own perspective.
That's a really good idea!! Do that!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts