Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I normally don’t opt for low priced tires (running Michelin PS4S on two other cars) but I had some very strict criteria for replacing the terrible run flat Pirellis. 1) No run flats (I have full sized spare). 2) Factory size 295/45 20. 3) No loud “V” single direction tread patterns (had enough of those in the past). 4) Wanted something relatively quiet and rotatable.

Ordered a set of 4 Federal Couragia F/X from Simple Tire for <$600. I don’t expect them to last more than 12,000 miles or so but at that price I don’t mind replacing the every 18 months!

I will report back on performance in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Tires went on this afternoon. They look great (haven’t cleaned the tire machine goo off yet though) with an aggressive stance and tread pattern and the ride is much, much better than the factory Pirelli Scorpion run flats. Dry performance seems to be on par but haven’t driven in rain yet. Did I mention how much better the ride is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very wet conditions this morning so I pushed a little and found the wet traction to be on par with the Scorpions as well. Also drove through some areas of standing water at speed with no signs of hydroplaning whatsoever. So far these tires are exceeding my expectations, especially for the price. Time will tell how fast they wear and whether or not they remain quiet and comfortable while still being a decent performance tire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just installed these tonight. Great looking tire. Will be keeping track of miles vs. wear and performance in the future. Replaced the Falkens that came on my '13 Vapor. For the price, really hard to beat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts