Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently (like last week Fml) had lifter Failure on my 6.4 Srt Jeep @ 46k and Highly maintained truck i was somewhat in shock.. So I been doing research and found that Gordon and Partners a large lawfirm down here in S Florida has started a Class Action Lawsuit against the Fca for a Huge list of vehicles that run these engines and that have failures due to Mds and poor lifter design. In addition for knowing about these poor designs and "hiding them" since as early as 2008-09 ..
If you have had this issue (even if you had it fixxed years agoo, out of pocket etc) they wanna hear from you! If you have the Hemi Tick they wanna hear from you! if you had complete engine failure they wanna hear from you! Class Actions work in #'s and the more the better Obv here!! Anyone w one of these engines should be calling , have not ,
have did, will have isssues Just call - get it ? Get you name on list who knows what will be the outcome but Eng Warr for life sounds great to me + reimbursement for moniesss spent to Fix Past present future - Get it now ?

So here is the phone # for Gordon and Partners 561-799-5070 , When you call Refer to Fca Hemi Class action..

If you are living ina bubble then o_O:LOL: but if want some more info on this situation Simply Google ::fca hemi class action lawsuit

Here is a Quick insert about vehicles inc. and issues that avail from faulty Fca design :

2022 Chrysler Hemi Engine Class Action Lawsuit

An engine ticking noise in several vehicle models has spurred a new lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) that includes vehicles manufactured with Gen III 5.7L Hemi or 6.5L Hemi 392 V8 engines. Plaintiffs in a May 2022 lawsuit allege that FCA has known about concerns involving the Hemi engine and its associated parts for years.
The plaintiffs in the suit argue that Hemi V8 engines use malfunctional valve train systems or multi-displacement systems. They say that this can result in a ticking noise in the engine, loss of power, failure of engine components, debris in the engine, or total engine failure. Affected vehicles allegedly “buck, surge, misfire, idle roughly and make abnormal noises including ticking, knocking, and chirping.”
The three plaintiffs in the 2022 lawsuit against FCA purchased or leased the following vehicles: 2020 RAM 2500, 2015 Dodge RAM 1500, and 2016 RAM 1500. Below is a “partial” list of affected vehicles with both 5.7 and 6.4 hemi engine problems, according to the suit.
  • 2014-2016 Chrysler 300
  • 2014-2016 Dodge Challenger
  • 2014-2016 Dodge Charger
  • 2014-2021 Dodge Durango
  • 2014-2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • 2014-2020 RAM 1500
  • 2014-2022 RAM 2500
  • 2014-2022 RAM 3500
What is a Hemi Engine?
“Hemi” is short for “hemispherical” or half-sphere. Pertaining to engines, “Hemi” refers to a type of engine that has a hemispherically-shaped combustion chamber. Compared to a flathead design, a functional Hemi engine has substantially less surface area to control heat loss.
Three different types of Hemi engines have been developed by Chrysler. The automaker first used this type of engine in its vehicles in 1954. The current Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep hemi engines have remained relatively unchanged since 2003.
The Hemi Tick
This alleged engine ticking noise can greatly reduce the value of affected Chrysler vehicles and result in costly repairs. Customers have spent thousands to replace various parts of the engines in their vehicles. Some have opted to entirely replace the hemi engines themselves.
A total factory engine replacement can cost well over $15,000. Unfortunately, these repairs do not necessarily offer a permanent solution to the ticking, knocking, or other sounds drivers have experienced.

The 2022 class action lawsuit claims that Chrysler dealers have provided incomplete repairs or replace original components with engine parts that are just as defective.
There is currently no recall by Chrysler that addresses the engine problems their customers have experienced. Allegedly, FCA has known about engine issues in their vehicles for years. They often tell customers that these strange engine noises are normal, and no repairs are necessary.
Other Hemi Engine Issues
In addition to engine noise and power loss, the plaintiffs in the suit insist that the alleged defects cause Hemi engines to wear prematurely. This often requires the replacement of camshafts or valve train components, which can also cost thousands. Oil leaks and their associated repairs are also common.
FCA does not seem interested in addressing these concerns or offering a hemi fix. Most of their manufacturer and extended warranties do not cover these specific repairs, leaving the burden of the repair costs on consumers.

Love Neil..

· Registered
9 Posts
So I recently (like last week Fml) had lifter Failure on my 6.4 Srt Jeep @ 46k and Highly maintained truck i was somewhat in shock.. So I been doing research and found that Gordon and Partners a large lawfirm down here in S Florida has started a Class Action Lawsuit against the Fca for a Huge list of vehicles that run these engines and that have failures due to Mds and poor lifter design. In addition for knowing about these poor designs and "hiding them" since as early as 2008-09 ..
If you have had this issue (even if you had it fixxed years agoo, out of pocket etc) they wanna hear from you! If you have the Hemi Tick they wanna hear from you! if you had complete engine failure they wanna hear from you! Class Actions work in #'s and the more the better Obv here!! Anyone w one of these engines should be calling , have not ,
have did, will have isssues Just call - get it ? Get you name on list who knows what will be the outcome but Eng Warr for life sounds great to me + reimbursement for moniesss spent to Fix Past present future - Get it now ?

So here is the phone # for Gordon and Partners 561-799-5070 , When you call Refer to Fca Hemi Class action..

If you are living ina bubble then o_O but if want some more info on this situation Simply Google ::fca hemi class action lawsuit

Here is a Quick insert about vehicles inc. and issues that avail from faulty Fca design :

An engine ticking noise in several vehicle models has spurred a new lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) that includes vehicles manufactured with Gen III 5.7L Hemi or 6.5L Hemi 392 V8 engines. Plaintiffs in a May 2022 lawsuit allege that FCA has known about concerns involving the Hemi engine and its associated parts for years.
The plaintiffs in the suit argue that Hemi V8 engines use malfunctional valve train systems or multi-displacement systems. They say that this can result in a ticking noise in the engine, loss of power, failure of engine components, debris in the engine, or total engine failure. Affected vehicles allegedly “buck, surge, misfire, idle roughly and make abnormal noises including ticking, knocking, and chirping.”
The three plaintiffs in the 2022 lawsuit against FCA purchased or leased the following vehicles: 2020 RAM 2500, 2015 Dodge RAM 1500, and 2016 RAM 1500. Below is a “partial” list of affected vehicles with both 5.7 and 6.4 hemi engine problems, according to the suit.
  • 2014-2016 Chrysler 300
  • 2014-2016 Dodge Challenger
  • 2014-2016 Dodge Charger
  • 2014-2021 Dodge Durango
  • 2014-2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • 2014-2020 RAM 1500
  • 2014-2022 RAM 2500
  • 2014-2022 RAM 3500
What is a Hemi Engine?
“Hemi” is short for “hemispherical” or half-sphere. Pertaining to engines, “Hemi” refers to a type of engine that has a hemispherically-shaped combustion chamber. Compared to a flathead design, a functional Hemi engine has substantially less surface area to control heat loss.
Three different types of Hemi engines have been developed by Chrysler. The automaker first used this type of engine in its vehicles in 1954. The current Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep hemi engines have remained relatively unchanged since 2003.
The Hemi Tick
This alleged engine ticking noise can greatly reduce the value of affected Chrysler vehicles and result in costly repairs. Customers have spent thousands to replace various parts of the engines in their vehicles. Some have opted to entirely replace the hemi engines themselves.
A total factory engine replacement can cost well over $15,000. Unfortunately, these repairs do not necessarily offer a permanent solution to the ticking, knocking, or other sounds drivers have experienced.

The 2022 class action lawsuit claims that Chrysler dealers have provided incomplete repairs or replace original components with engine parts that are just as defective.
There is currently no recall by Chrysler that addresses the engine problems their customers have experienced. Allegedly, FCA has known about engine issues in their vehicles for years. They often tell customers that these strange engine noises are normal, and no repairs are necessary.
Other Hemi Engine Issues
In addition to engine noise and power loss, the plaintiffs in the suit insist that the alleged defects cause Hemi engines to wear prematurely. This often requires the replacement of camshafts or valve train components, which can also cost thousands. Oil leaks and their associated repairs are also common.
FCA does not seem interested in addressing these concerns or offering a hemi fix. Most of their manufacturer and extended warranties do not cover these specific repairs, leaving the burden of the repair costs on consumers.

Love Neil..
Have you posted this in the big Facebook group?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, Stellantis was formed in january of 2021. Still, legal documents such as this should be kept up to date. References to FCA should include the current name.

Hmm That’s Very weird , from all the search i did online thru the Goog’s i saw that the class action started sometime in May’isssh of ‘22!
Maybe the Online Blog’douscheee’s are not up to speed w the Fca / Stellantis change over..

Either way ima Stay +Pos. and hope that something Good comes outta this for All Us! This is some serious bs that many of us now and many more have dealt w and will have to deal w in Years to come.. I stated somewhere prior I'm not one to complain about $$$ (Even in these Crazzy times) but this is a Total Bend over F**k Up the @SSS situation just about 10k outta Pocket the week of X’mas no less.

I’ve seen some of the skeptical comment’s ^^^^ above and I Understand em but.. I’ve been involved in 2 other Class Actions against Major Multi Billion $$$ company’s and altho it takes time forsure the Result’s were Great for all participants that were involved in the case.. I’m hope for the same here , the fact that Soo many Vehicles have had the same issue’s for Sooo long w such an expense
(It’s a big chunk O’ change 5-10k, my dealer Quote was $9700 W out a loaner So another 1k for rental)
just show’s that they’ve known and done nothing about it! I also saw somewhere online that the Suit demanded a trial by Jury , any everyday down to earth person who has a car/truck/minivan bla bla that has dealt w Repairs at the dealer esp or avg. Mechanic shop would Imo more than understand and Sympathize w the Class Action!
Just my 0.02 cent’s here..

Either way my Rigg is Down for the Count stuck in the garage just waiting on Dec 19 to dropp her off and get it fixxxed, hopefully better than ever but I Aint got no choice rt.
Neil..

· Registered
2 Posts
14 and up when the earlier ones are more prone ….. I had a 2012 SRT Jeep and sold it a month ago but still joined this lawsuit thing and told them what year I had . They’ve yet to contact me about whether my year qualifies or not .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts