Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have got the fan mod figured out, But it is very different then my origianal plans. Looking further into the fuse box and relay I have come to find that there is no wires going to the switch side of this relay. The PCM that controls this function is mounted directly to the fuse/relay box that feeds a circuit board.

I dont like testing PCM inputs and I dont want to run the switch through the PCM for fear of back feeding into it. So I found a very simple solution but in my mind it's a slight short cut. But it will work perfect.

We tap a wire to the switched(-) side of the removed relay,replace the relay and hook the wire to a grounded switch. Only problem is you will have a wire comming out of the top of your fuse box. But also makes it easy for removal on dealer visits;) If you all are ok with that i will carry on and document the install on the SRT .mac site of mine.


p.s. I feel this is the quickest, cheapest, safest, way. 0 cut factory wires, no 12V supply. Simple simple simple
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
sounds great man. Looking forward to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FAN MOD is done on my end. Photos are take just have to do the write up and post. Mid day Saturday ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,701 Posts
....so what your saying is, pull the fan relay under the hood.....
....tap a wire into the negative side of the relay.....
....re-install the relay, take a toggle switch, connect to that wire,
and ground, for an easy under the hood at the track switch?

or you can run it inside for an anytime switch?

Is it that easy?

thanks,

snowed here, not taking Jeep out, want to tinker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
You guys are lucky Chris is so nice. With my 03 cobra I have all the little tricks like this and I always keep it to my self. :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cobrakid said:
....so what your saying is, pull the fan relay under the hood.....
....tap a wire into the negative side of the relay.....
....re-install the relay, take a toggle switch, connect to that wire,
and ground, for an easy under the hood at the track switch?

or you can run it inside for an anytime switch?

Is it that easy?

thanks,

snowed here, not taking Jeep out, want to tinker.

Yep thats about all of it. I almost have the page done. My wife dragged me to the Mall YEEHA so much fun, but I will finish it now;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yea very easy ....but we are researching one problem.

Problem corrected never mind.... I am retarded. I grabbed the Lo instead of the HI Web site updated with the correct photos.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,701 Posts
...thanks alot.

That was so quick and easy, it was almost scary.

I did an underhood mount for now.

That way if I get to the track tomorrow, I can ice the intake and
crank the fan up while in the staging lanes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,557 Posts
Want a quicker and cheaper fan mod? Pull the low speed fan relay, the ECU thinks there is a problem with the low fan speed circuit and turns on the high speed on the fan 100%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Damn it takes a ford man to help out a mopar/mini cooper guy. LOLOL



FastSRT8GC said:
Yea very easy ....but we are researching one problem.

Problem corrected never mind.... I am retarded. I grabbed the Lo instead of the HI Web site updated with the correct photos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
We already new that trick just never posted about it.


Inferno SRT8 said:
Want a quicker and cheaper fan mod? Pull the low speed fan relay, the ECU thinks there is a problem with the low fan speed circuit and turns on the high speed on the fan 100%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,557 Posts
GRNENVY said:
We already new that trick just never posted about it.
EXCUSEEEE ME!! :D

BTW very nice write up and web page Fast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Inferno SRT8 said:
EXCUSEEEE ME!! :D

BTW very nice write up and web page Fast!

Thanks, You BETTER find that site helpful and like it. Because my wife hates it.

She is starting to sound like the Charlie Brown Teacher....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
FastSRT8GC said:
Thanks, You BETTER find that site helpful and like it. Because my wife hates it.

She is starting to sound like the Charlie Brown Teacher....

LMAO, I hear that. My GF tried to tell me today that I was done modding the Jeep, as she had enough with the Cobra. I laughed pretty hard until I realized that I was going to have to find an improved hiding spot for my cookie jar. :eek: Sounds like we'll be having a few rounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GotStroke? said:
LMAO, I hear that. My GF tried to tell me today that I was done modding the Jeep, as she had enough with the Cobra. I laughed pretty hard until I realized that I was going to have to find an improved hiding spot for my cookie jar. :eek: Sounds like we'll be having a few rounds.

Drink up. I will share my secretes and you can share yours. We should be able to out smart them.....MAYBE:confused:
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top