Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Leg Twitch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys i need help am going crazy here for the past 2 weeks am trying to figure out why is my car knocking i did every thing i can to find the reason i checked every single part if the car for vibration that may be picked up by the knock sensors as actual knock checked for exhaust leak, vac leak, have catch can installed oil is being blasted to the catch can so oil is not an issue i have my threshold increased by 15% i dont wana go any higher just incase there is actual knock then i can say bye bye to my engine, keep in mind that it has a strocker kit 7.0 L with Fox headers long pipe and a magna flow cat back ( direct pipe without any mufflers ) so my baby is LOUD !!! So loud that when i switch it on my brothers X6 MPower alarm goes of if it parked next to my car ������ now some people told me becasue am running a strocker kit with a huge cam it causes alot of vibration wich the sensors are reading as knk so. They told me i have to reduce the sensiytivity the knk sensors but the problem is i dont no how much i should reduce them by i dont want to over do it then it wouldnt be able to read actual knock which is my biggest fear please if anyone can shed any light on this issue id be so greatfull ( am at a point of almost hanging my self )
Ps. LT reading crazy numbers could give me 10 then 0 then 5 same with ST and in WOT 4 or 5 and not like normal driving were is jumps here and there in WOT it sticks to 5 or 4 ore 3.5

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
The road you're doing your data logs on can also cause false readings. If its a bumpy or uneven road that could be a contributing factor. Take it to the track on a cheap test and tune night and see if it makes any difference and to rule out that possibility. That's all I got for you. Others may be able to help.

·
Leg Twitch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy but i tried it everywhere normal roads and track its the same always reading crazy random numbers which in result pulls of timing but thanks for thge advice much appreciated

·
Leg Twitch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am planning to do this next but am doing a compression test and bleading tomorrow plus am almost sure its false knock well tomorrow ill be a 100% sure by putting a camera throuth the sparkplug’s whole into the bore to see if there is any scratch marks on top of the pistons cause if there is am in big trouble
Thanks for the advise i might do it before the compression test

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey my names Matt i live in Dubai i have a Vortech Jeep SRT and am having the same problem -7.5 knock on light throttle.

give me a call mate 0501047018 as seems we have the same problems and can help each other out.

i would be keen to know who tuned your car?

·
Leg Twitch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey budddyi tune at my uncle’s garage its called Dubaik Racing we have a tuner that does an amazing job believe. Me iv been to so many garages that claim they have good tuners BAAAD experience ill call you soon and give you all the detyails you need

·
Leg Twitch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well am glad to say i figured what the problem was which pissed the shit out of me The genius who tuned my car gave it too much advanced timing up to 20-30 Deg which based on the compression of the engine is too high which was causing me knock i reduced it by 6 Deg and the knock is almost gone i get a 1-1.5 on light throttle and 0 WOT what makes me angry is that the ******* did a compression test so he new how much it can take yet still he gave her more am removing the intake manifold and the rocker cover and head to inspect the engine for damage due to the knock let just hope for his sake there is no serious damage coz I there is ill make sure he has permanent damage as-well.

·
Leg Twitch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Buddy dont get me wrong i never said it was my tuner who did that SHit tune read properly who would say all that crap about a guy then recomend him i would be the dumbest crook to try and pull crap like this i tried a couple of other garages coz my tuner was in Australia for about 6 months and my car was done at that time waiting to be tuned while he was away so i was forced to go around looking for tuners and believe u me iv been around for a long time i grew up in this stuff ( literally not exaggerating ) but i dont go on bragging about it like you brother so save me your criticism am here to learn, share experiences and help in anyway i can, not here to ROB or TRICK people.

Ps. I thought i can trust the guy coz his boss and i grew up together and we were close but not anymore after this, you live and you learn and i learned a valuable leson here.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Telling him to “shut the **** up” is a bit harsh, it’s a friendly forum mate isn’t it ?

He’s ironed out his issues which is good news.

we don’t have access to ur tuners in the Middle East like ur guys do over there, everything we want to do has to be mail order and is twice the cost and the workshops are no where near the standard you would get in the western world so it can be very frustrating.

unless we want to do remote tunes which to be honest is one of the major causes for my fire issue,

my car was tuned by johan when that happened and I’m not blaming him for it as he wasn’t in the car so it’s always a bit difficult to remotely tune and get a perfect tune, taking into account conditions here.

So finding someone locally in an Arabic / middle eastern country who can tune for us is not an easy thing.

I have battled this issue for 10 years now.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
If your spark plugs are not closed, then do not worry, the pistons will be intact. In your region, timing should be slightly less. For a long time there were no guys from the east

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Too much advance timing can increase cylinder pressure causing rod issues.

Be a happy camper these motors have knock sensors.

Also tuning for static compression on a lawn mower is one thing but timing has so much more to do than just looking at the compression ratio....

·
Leg Twitch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
(Bjb) Buddy Suck my D u red neck ignorrent Bas**** just another online tough guy huh all bla bla bla behind screens got to love u guys nice time pass have a good day buddy keep on sucking D ;)

The rest of u guys thank a mill for your help its always good to hear good feedback a person can learn alot by asking no shame in that except for know-it people all like my freind up there

anyways it wasnt just too much advanced timing i also found a leak in my kooks headers which was causing a sound very similar to the knock sound which the sensors was reading as knock so there was more than one cause to it it might be anything even the smallest thing as a loose nut that vibrates i looked for every possible reason i could think of and am glad i did just wanted to share this who knows someone might benefit again thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
(Bjb) Buddy Suck my D u red neck ignorrent Bas**** just another online tough guy huh all bla bla bla behind screens got to love u guys nice time pass have a good day buddy keep on sucking D ;)

The rest of u guys thank a mill for your help its always good to hear good feedback a person can learn alot by asking no shame in that except for know-it people all like my freind up there

anyways it wasnt just too much advanced timing i also found a leak in my kooks headers which was causing a sound very similar to the knock sound which the sensors was reading as knock so there was more than one cause to it it might be anything even the smallest thing as a loose nut that vibrates i looked for every possible reason i could think of and am glad i did just wanted to share this who knows someone might benefit again thanks for the feedback much appreciated.
Looks like 3rd grade got out early today... Ill be at VMP this weekend if you want to bring your false knock leaky header rig and run it, rather then your mouth...

Here, this might help with your condition!! :x

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
BTW, your 7th post was a whopper. Not sure how the problems you have now, were the problems we had back in 2008. Way to be 10 years late to the party.

·
Leg Twitch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lmfao like i said online tough guy u crack me up
Hey blow job brian (bjb) aint gonA brag like u do buddy dont need to our records speek for us we are known engine builders buddy not tuners and speeking of 2008 problems bad gasgets has nothing to do with 10 hears ago or 10 years later ans knock is a problem people are facing till this day and will keep on facing and speekng of racing go ask about khalid al balouchi about how he a;ways comes to ur contry and rapes ur cars and smashes your records we built some of the strongest cars world wide here in dubai when u have a nissna petrol 1994 make that rapes super cars let me see you do that then come and talk about how good u are again like i said all bla bla bla behind screens anyway no point on wasting time on a guy called blowjob brian waste of time have a good day buddy kepp on entertaining us 😘😘🤣🤣

1 - 20 of 54 Posts