Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock exhaust pipe tips on my SRT are excruciatingly ugly. Anyone found a tip that looks good and fits well?
I've found a Dynomax tip that I like the looks of, but it's about 4" too long.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There's nothing really good
unless you buy an exhaust or axleback.
I had these oval tips I got on ebay
They were ok but stuck out

Then I sanded the black powdercoated Dumbos and had them chrome plated.
I'm not into the blacked out look.
I have a pair of Corsa rear mufflers with chrome tips and the suitcase replacements I'm not using since I decided to keep the suitcase and did a muffler bypass with cutouts.
They look like these black tipped ones

·
Registered
35 Posts
GT Haus fits stock mufflers perfectly....but $$$$$$!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just making sure you are talking about JUST the tips to fit on you STOCK exhaust? It’s difficult part is finding large diameter tips that are short enough to bolt or weld on to the stock cans. I had the same problem with my WK1 GCSRT, but a forum member sourced out 5” diameter x 4” dual walled tips that looked awesome. They were almost an exact match in construction as the 4” diameter Corsa tips I was replacing at the time.

I don’t know what length tip will fit to the stock system, but if you do a search on the WK1 forums, you might be able to find the source the the 5”x4” tips and have an exhaust shop weld them up.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just found a post with the tips I had... unfortunately my memory has faded and it looks like they ere longer than 4”... looks like maybe more like 6-7”.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts