Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to cut out the stock siutcase and put in a dual in dual out 40 series flowmaster with reso delete, or can i put in a 3 in. x pipe where the suitcase was and put single 40 series where the resos where? is the any difference?

are there some good borla mufferlers i can use? dotn want to spend 1k on a borla catback just for sound. thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
With only the 40 series and no resonators, your ears will bleed, well not exactly lol, but the drone inside will be unbearable.
Yes the other option would be to get a muffler with a built in X pipe like the Dynomax (very similar to the Gibson), I believe Magnaflow also makes one.
If you don't mind drone like on the Borla S, you can spend half of the Borla S on a Gibson catback (which has 3" pipes"), stainless and just as loud or louder than the Borla S.
That's my current set up, except I added the 5" tips like the Borla S :D
You might be able to find one from one of the vendors in here, but you'll be surprised how much cheaper compared to the Corsa or Borla catbacks this one is, plus piping is 3", 2.75 on the others like the stock exhaust. I believe the only other 3" catback is the Stainless Works but that one is also up there in price.
Good luck!

·
Registered
630 Posts
im doing the magnaflow x pipe 3" in place of the suitcase, and the 2 flowmaster super 44s in place of the resos, just came in today, ill let you know when i get everything swapped out and installed, paid $180 for parts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ thanks man. did you ever have the flowmaster 40's on your jeep? there a clip of a few silver ones with that exhuast and it sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
630 Posts
na, i come from a flowmaster family, and i had 40s on my mustang, and that thing purr'd and rumbled, until someone with 44's rolled up at the car show with the same set up and roared, i felt like a kitten lol..i prefer sound and quality along with power, definitely get an xpipe tho..big engine, lots of power, needs some type of equalization and back pressure.

·
Registered
630 Posts
and also, if you look at the tru crossover from magnaflow, its crossover section is wider and more square, closer to being like an hpipe..which to me was way better on the stang, better rumble less raspy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
na, i come from a flowmaster family, and i had 40s on my mustang, and that thing purr'd and rumbled, until someone with 44's rolled up at the car show with the same set up and roared, i felt like a kitten lol..i prefer sound and quality along with power, definitely get an xpipe tho..big engine, lots of power, needs some type of equalization and back pressure.
so the 44's are louder then the 40's? the dynomax has a built in x pipe inside the muffler. and it sounds pretty mean.

·
Registered
418 Posts
can we get some part numbers especially for the magnaflow and dynomax mufflers..I am assuming Dynomax Ultra Flow X is the one you guys are talking about

·
Registered
630 Posts
10792 - 3" X Pipe - Magnaflow

943045 - 3" Center / Center - Flowmaster Super 44

Reactions: Ogilthorpe

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went with the flowmaster x pipe muffler and reso delete! It is awesome! At wot it turns heads! Just cruzin the freeway drone is low and you can always add aftermarket resos if you wish!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I just removed the stock mufflers and resonators and installed slp lm1's to replace mufflers and pipe to replace resonator and added 5 in tips. I love the way mine sounds.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wanna delete mid muffler and keep the rear resos.
What is your opinion on that ?

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
With only the 40 series and no resonators, your ears will bleed, well not exactly lol, but the drone inside will be unbearable.
Yes the other option would be to get a muffler with a built in X pipe like the Dynomax (very similar to the Gibson), I believe Magnaflow also makes one.
If you don't mind drone like on the Borla S, you can spend half of the Borla S on a Gibson catback (which has 3" pipes"), stainless and just as loud or louder than the Borla S.
That's my current set up, except I added the 5" tips like the Borla S :D
You might be able to find one from one of the vendors in here, but you'll be surprised how much cheaper compared to the Corsa or Borla catbacks this one is, plus piping is 3", 2.75 on the others like the stock exhaust. I believe the only other 3" catback is the Stainless Works but that one is also up there in price.
Good luck!

And that's my Gibson setup! :D

I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went with the flowmaster x pipe muffler and reso delete! It is awesome! At wot it turns heads! Just cruzin the freeway drone is low and you can always add aftermarket resos if you wish!
which exhaust is the flowmaster x pipe? does the 40 series dual in dual out have an internal x pipe built in?

that gibson is pretty nice btw!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am sorry I re read my post and I do not know why I said Flowmaster! It is a Magnaflow stainless x pipe muffler part number 12599! I am sorry for my mistake! Great muffler imo

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
but if i use the dual in dual out flowmaster 40 series exhaust will that work. i read a few people on here used that exhaust and theres no x pipe. so with that do you need an x pipe?

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can install which ever you want? Some guys say that are Jeeps need the back pressure! The expipe helps with that and evens flow. I have had flowmasters on another car and they were too loud and the drone was the worst imo! I love the x pipe muffler from magnaflow. Go to there site and enter Jeep srt8 and there are two sound clips on there! This clip is with resos so without it is louder! Without the drone! Plus the backpressure we need?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can install which ever you want? Some guys say that are Jeeps need the back pressure! The expipe helps with that and evens flow. I have had flowmasters on another car and they were too loud and the drone was the worst imo! I love the x pipe muffler from magnaflow. Go to there site and enter Jeep srt8 and there are two sound clips on there! This clip is with resos so without it is louder! Without the drone! Plus the backpressure we need?
thanks wolf, maybe someone else will chime in. im lookng at the dynomax ultra x flow and the magnaflow and the flows. maybe in can just throw the magnaflow x-pipe in right before the dual in dual out flowmaster to be safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts