Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I made a big mistake with my Exhaust choice. I went with the AFE cat back and boy does this thing drone in side the jeep. its happening mostly under 65 mph - high way is not s bad
on the street if I lift my foot up slightly it will go away
but boy does it sound good out side the jeep

so with that said I want to change my Exhaust with a new cat back that will not done inside the cabin like the AFE does

I here the Corsa is a good drone free kit
I drove a 19 jeep srt with the sport and it sounded good with no drone ( much quieter inside and out then the AFE) - but what about thew extreme - does this drone or will it be the same as the sport

how are the Borla kits - s type or attack - do theses drone
I read the the axel back will also fit on a 19 srt
would a axel back be less drone then a cat back

I do want to here it when I put my foot down but not like what I here with the afe
I dont care abut more hp I just want sa little bit more sound then there stock
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Atak cat back on a 19 and there is no drone at any rpm. You can def hear the exhaust but it does not drone.

I started with the Atak axle back but it wasn't loud enough so I switched to the cat back.

I'm very happy with the Atak cat back.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same, ATAK cat back and now with procharged 426 and Kooks headers and high flow catted mid pipes. Sounds amazing and no drone. It’s loud with the headers, but nothing negative. Noticed that MDS contributes to annoying sounds, not necessarily drone but sounded way better after tuning it out and eventually deleting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys
I made a big mistake with my Exhaust choice. I went with the AFE cat back and boy does this thing drone in side the jeep. its happening mostly under 65 mph - high way is not s bad
on the street if I lift my foot up slightly it will go away
but boy does it sound good out side the jeep

so with that said I want to change my Exhaust with a new cat back that will not done inside the cabin like the AFE does

I here the Corsa is a good drone free kit
I drove a 19 jeep srt with the sport and it sounded good with no drone ( much quieter inside and out then the AFE) - but what about thew extreme - does this drone or will it be the same as the sport

how are the Borla kits - s type or attack - do theses drone
I read the the axel back will also fit on a 19 srt
would a axel back be less drone then a cat back

I do want to here it when I put my foot down but not like what I here with the afe
I dont care abut more hp I just want sa little bit more sound then there stock
thanks
I have Borla type S. Love it. Aggressive when on throttle, tame when not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts