Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Pressure and no it's screwed into the block
Actually had it fixed this morning. I bought the switch and found it near the oil filter.

Between doing that yesterday and the dealer replacing all the carbon fiber trim on Friday my right paddle shifter no longer works. Smh. Hoping I can blame this on the dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had my oil pressure sensor replaced due to P0520. So long as you have oil in the engine, you are ok to drive it until the sensor is replaced.

You will notice that the Jeep will feel sluggish, in that the VVT does not work without a functioning oil pressure sensor.
Hi there,
Thank you for this post, it definitely resonates with my situation. I had low oil on start up, engine check light came on. Stopped engine, checked oil level, topped up oil in motor, went to workshop to clear check light, but now it comes back on every start up and stays on. OBD scan confirmed oil pressure sensor voltage. Booked for a change tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed that those little gremlins will be put to rest. I also did notice that it doesn't move as nicely as it is supposed to when this code is present and active. Thanks guys, keep you posted.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts