Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an explanation for this. The manual mention bad gas mileage or faulty Cat conv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Need to hook up a OBD2 scanner and see what the codes are

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need to hook up a OBD2 scanner and see what the codes are
Heading to Pep boys. Any suggestions on a scanner?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Heading to Pep boys. Any suggestions on a scanner?

I got mine from Amazon because the auto parts stores have huge markup on theirs.

I use my tuner normally but I also have a AutoLink AL319

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine from Amazon because the auto parts stores have huge markup on theirs.

I use my tuner normally but I also have a AutoLink AL319
Just got these 4. Seems to repeat itself.

Electronics Measuring instrument Technology Electronic device Gadget Measuring instrument Electronics Technology Electronic device Finger Electronics Yellow Measuring instrument Technology Electronic device Yellow Orange Technology Measuring instrument Electronic device

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'm far from an expert on mechanical stuff so I'll let other chime in on the codes but I did have a bad oil pressure sensor before and it showed 99 oil pressure. Check your in-car display and see what the oil pressure # is. Also, check the oil level and make sure you're not low on oil.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm far from an expert on mechanical stuff so I'll let other chime in on the codes but I did have a bad oil pressure sensor before and it showed 99 oil pressure. Check your in-car display and see what the oil pressure # is. Also, check the oil level and make sure you're not low on oil.
didn't check the oil pressure but the dip stick looks good. I have a guy (we have "a guy") whose gonna take a look. thanks for all the responses!

Reactions: madcoder

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I just had my oil pressure sensor replaced due to P0520. So long as you have oil in the engine, you are ok to drive it until the sensor is replaced.

You will notice that the Jeep will feel sluggish, in that the VVT does not work without a functioning oil pressure sensor.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had my oil pressure sensor replaced due to P0520. So long as you have oil in the engine, you are ok to drive it until the sensor is replaced.

You will notice that the Jeep will feel sluggish, in that the VVT does not work without a functioning oil pressure sensor.

gotcha. My mgp went down from about 10 to 8.5. Was it a pricey repair?

·
Registered
672 Posts
woow this is funny , just picked up my girl this am for a cel and i had a bad ops aswell !! dik's made me pay a $100 decudtable lol ohh and i got 2 new sunvisors outve deal

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone know what normal oil pressure should be?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Depends on the oil temp, bearing clearances, brand and weight.
Temperature is at 220 degrees and pressure is at 96.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Temperature is at 220 degrees and pressure is at 96.

96 sounds extremely high. I'd go with what Viking said, just get the sensor replaced.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
woow this is funny , just picked up my girl this am for a cel and i had a bad ops aswell !! dik's made me pay a $100 decudtable lol ohh and i got 2 new sunvisors outve deal
Good morning. Was wondering the dealer has two parts related. An oil pressure switch and an oil temperature sensor. My gut is telling me I have to replace the switch.

Also is it a hard part to change? Do we know where it's located. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Good morning. Was wondering the dealer has two parts related. An oil pressure switch and an oil temperature sensor. My gut is telling me I have to replace the switch.

Also is it a hard part to change? Do we know where it's located. Thanks fellas.

Pressure and no it's screwed into the block

1 - 20 of 22 Posts