Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:mad:i got into my jeep last night after a night out with the guys, hit the turn on button, it starts ok but two seconds later it just dies, i try again and the same thing happens, it happened at least five times and in one time it didnt even start :mad:, what a great way to celebrate my birthday as i have just turned 30 that night i said to my self. gave it another try after makng sure that i have everything turned off and it starts so i rev it a couple of times and sounded like it was flooded as if it was a badly tuned carburater and then runs normal. hmmmmmm not to mention that some times after driving a while and i gradualy press on the gas pedal it sounds like the engine is boggs af if there is too much fuel flooding the engine or the timing is a bit off before it down shifts.

happy effin birthday to me :mad:

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Sounds to me like it's not detecting the key, or the correctly programmed key.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that could be the problem also, but i also hope that it is not related to the excess/flood like symptoms that i see from time to time, i'm going to do the suspension update tomorrow anyway so will talk to them about it.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I don't think you can flood an injected engine?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think that it could be possible if the timing is a bit off, i'm not sure, but will def have them see what was the problem if there was one.

i didnt try the other key coz it worked later just fine

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I don't think you can flood an injected engine?

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Spoken like a true southerner :D

Hell ya, you can flood an injected vehicle. Badly too. Come up to Montreal in January.

If you saw the amount of injected cars that would get towed to a service station in -20 to -40*F temps back in the 90's and even later models, you'd never think that again. In all fairness, flooding a later model is definitely something you gotta work at, but I still see it. The shop across from my office still gets a fair share of crankcases filled with fuel and sopping-wet plugs when it's at extremely low temps.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Spoken like a true southerner :D

Hell ya, you can flood an injected vehicle. Badly too. Come up to Montreal in January.

If you saw the amount of injected cars that would get towed to a service station in -20 to -40*F temps back in the 90's and even later models, you'd never think that again. In all fairness, flooding a later model is definitely something you gotta work at, but I still see it. The shop across from my office still gets a fair share of crankcases filled with fuel and sopping-wet plugs when it's at extremely low temps.
Haha, there are exceptions to everything. I'm no expert, just what I've heard.

I'm still thinking this is a key problem. If an invalid key is used the jeep will start, but then immediately shut of. Well, key or the module that detects the key. I would try the other key first and see what happens. If not get to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hmmm, it just devistates me to know that ur jeep is new and it happens directly to u..

try reading the manual bro.

and im really sorry to hear about the jeep..

and yea.. happy birthday ACE

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah, dealer visit immediately. I had the same symptoms, but when mine shut off it never restarted. My fuel line popped off because it was not secured properly from the factory.

Can timing really be off with the computer controlling things now a days?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so i went to the dealer service workshop to report the problem while they performed the suspension update thingy, what i liked is that their head engineer came to see me and and was very interested in knowing every single problem i've had with the car so far, so i tell him every single problem i've had and didnt have lol while he asked the other mechanics to note everything down to discuss with chrysler in the US since i was first to report them since day one.
after they were done with update they also told me that they saw that there was another update that just came in that they have also downloaded, but this one was for the engine or something? they didnt know what exactly but they installed it anyway, they say it just came in and it is normal to get them from time to time (like iphone app updates i guess lol). so i take it for a test drive with one of their guys and i immedietly notice the stiffer ride in auto, it did improve a lot, but from time to time the clanks would appear, i would say it was like a 70% improvment from its previous state which wasnt that bad, but they still didnt like it that much, then they tell me that it obviously is not the final solution and that they would call me in everytime they get something new regarding our vehicles and would also like me to tell them everytime something wrong occurs, but they also said that if the problems were not solved they would demand that i am not left unsatisfied and assured that i will not be taken for granted, so i left the place and wanted to see what difference the other update did to the car, i'm not sure i noticed much of a difference, but it did feel a bit smoother, and a little bit cooler or maybe it was just me, whatever it is i hope it is good. afraid that the "engine" update might have made my car slower, i went to the road were i live and gave it a try with a full tank this time, track and full traction off, i get 4.8 when i always used to get 5.0 or 5.2 (on that very same road and launch point) and the 5.0 sec were just a day before the 4.8 on a very low tank, so fortunatly nothing effected the performance.

so more updates should be making there way in, will update you all as soon if anything occurs.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Jesus, that was one honkin' long sentence :p

Glad they're treating you like a customer who plunked $60 down on a vehicle. First class customer service, from what I read.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jesus, that was one honkin' long sentence :p

Glad they're treating you like a customer who plunked $60 down on a vehicle. First class customer service, from what I read.
lol yea well english isn't my first language so expect to see a lot of those sentences :D

but yea i was impressed by the service, specialy that i've heard before that they are one of the worst to deal with, let's hope that they aren't just talk

·
Registered
467 Posts
lol yea well english isn't my first language so expect to see a lot of those sentences :D
It's pretty darn good if English is not your language, don't worry about it.

But yes, what was the engine cutting out diagnosis?

·
Registered
159 Posts
so i went to the dealer service workshop to report the problem while they performed the suspension update thingy, what i liked is that their head engineer came to see me and and was very interested in knowing every single problem i've had with the car so far, so i tell him every single problem i've had and didnt have lol while he asked the other mechanics to note everything down to discuss with chrysler in the US since i was first to report them since day one.
after they were done with update they also told me that they saw that there was another update that just came in that they have also downloaded, but this one was for the engine or something? they didnt know what exactly but they installed it anyway, they say it just came in and it is normal to get them from time to time (like iphone app updates i guess lol). so i take it for a test drive with one of their guys and i immedietly notice the stiffer ride in auto, it did improve a lot, but from time to time the clanks would appear, i would say it was like a 70% improvment from its previous state which wasnt that bad, but they still didnt like it that much, then they tell me that it obviously is not the final solution and that they would call me in everytime they get something new regarding our vehicles and would also like me to tell them everytime something wrong occurs, but they also said that if the problems were not solved they would demand that i am not left unsatisfied and assured that i will not be taken for granted, so i left the place and wanted to see what difference the other update did to the car, i'm not sure i noticed much of a difference, but it did feel a bit smoother, and a little bit cooler or maybe it was just me, whatever it is i hope it is good. afraid that the "engine" update might have made my car slower, i went to the road were i live and gave it a try with a full tank this time, track and full traction off, i get 4.8 when i always used to get 5.0 or 5.2 (on that very same road and launch point) and the 5.0 sec were just a day before the 4.8 on a very low tank, so fortunatly nothing effected the performance.

so more updates should be making there way in, will update you all as soon if anything occurs.

do u recommend this upgrade?

does the agency perform it without a charge?

how do u feel the SRT now?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.