Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For months now I've been getting coolant engine over spary right by the intake radiator cap and t-stat housing can't fugue it out please someone have any suggestions
What I did so far:: new rad cap new 180 t-stat with a flush and bleed the coolant system still same thing happening

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I found this out years ago and this is what worked for me. After putting new tstats, rad caps, clamps, etc.

The coolant cant be at the full mark on the tank. Make sure its a little above add (about half way over).

And no more spray.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you have the stant cap. Bend the taps inward with needle nose plyers. It allows the cap to close tighter and seal better.

·
Registered
287 Posts
For months now I've been getting coolant engine over spary right by the intake radiator cap and t-stat housing can't fugue it out please someone have any suggestions
What I did so far:: new rad cap new 180 t-stat with a flush and bleed the coolant system still same thing happening
I had the same problem for awhile and did all the recommended upgrades and still the same problem. I finally replaced the t-stat housing for a billet piece which I got from a forum member and problem has been solved. If you look at the flange on the stock piece it is very thin.

·
LAUNCH
1,108 Posts
Blah blah blah... I had the same issues and did everything that everyone on here has recommended. In the end, the one that worked for me is to keep the coolant level in the overflow tank low just like Crookster said earlier. I can't explain why this worked for me but there are several if not dozens of posts on this. I have the level right at or just above the low mark. Never had any coolant spray since then.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have a billet tech cap on the reservoir?
No i dont but ive heard of it im willing to give it a try thanks

If you have the stant cap. Bend the taps inward with needle nose plyers. It allows the cap to close tighter and seal better.
really ok ill try the thanks

I had the same problem for awhile and did all the recommended upgrades and still the same problem. I finally replaced the t-stat housing for a billet piece which I got from a forum member and problem has been solved. If you look at the flange on the stock piece it is very thin.
your the second to recommend that ill give it a try. thanks

Blah blah blah... I had the same issues and did everything that everyone on here has recommended. In the end, the one that worked for me is to keep the coolant level in the overflow tank low just like Crookster said earlier. I can't explain why this worked for me but there are several if not dozens of posts on this. I have the level right at or just above the low mark. Never had any coolant spray since then.
as the coolant over spray continues i always let the coolant level stay the same never topped off and still happens im going to try the billet neck change the t-stat AGAIN see what happens thanks

·
LAUNCH
1,108 Posts
It doesn't make any sense what-so-ever to say there is too much coolant in the system, but I'm telling you for whatever reason my spray stopped when I did that.

I got a new cap. I bent the tabs. I flushed the system (best I could). I removed the tank and painted it and cleaned and made sure the hose was good to go. I put on a one piece radiator hose and a new t-stat. I did all these things, and the last I did was to keep the level low in the tank. I read it a number of places but didn't think that would have any effect.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
coolant over spray

Thanks for the info im going to order the billet neck a new jet 180 t-stat new coolant and change all the hose clamps. FYI i have the 1pc coolant hose.

Now ive looked the the rad cap What part of the tabs do i have to bend???

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
Thanks to SUPRAMAN93.

I've been battling the spray for about two months now. Replaced the OEM water neck with the billet one with a felpro gasket and the spray has stopped :)

Reactions: Supraman93

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
fixed about a month ago went back to a stock radiator cap.
thanks everyone for there advice.

Good news! I am glad you got it fixed! I know it's very frustrating!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts