Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I stalled the engine this morning.

I was going down the road and a car pulled out in front so i had to slam on the brakes. i locked up the wheels and the ABS cut in. Next thing you know heavy steering and no power. Engine had stalled when i did my emergency stop.

Is this just a once off or is this indicative of some problem.

Never stalled an automatic and imagine its very hard to do under normal driving.

my initial thoughts are clutch mechanism on the gearbox was to slow to release. Concern is that it does this again. I also imagine it does some damage as the car was still rolling with the engine off until i stopped to restart the engine and continue on my way.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
I only ask cause when i first put my cam in and came to a fairly quick stop she would stall. I have no idea what it would be. Maybee if there is a big change in weather the pcm needs to adjust but i can be waaaaay off.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Full tank this morning. Then drove for about 40 mins before this happened.

Saying that this is the 1st time ive been to this station where the tanker was filling them up. Started fine afterwards though. Going to keep an eye on it tonight on my next long drive.

Traffic all the way i fear now though. :)

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.