Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Been chasing electrical issue gremlin since I purchased the JGC back in November. Occasional Christmas Tree dashboard, radio turning off when I hit the brake, shutting down unexpectedly, not starting, random "check 4 wheel drive" messages, not starting when using the remote start, etc., etc., etc. Did a bunch of research here and elsewhere but found nothing definitive regarding my "problem(s)". Checked the battery, checked the fuses, checked the battery connections. Always thought it might be a bad fuse or wiring harness issue because it would always rectify itself when I went into the two fuse blocks under the hood and pressed down on the fuses. Well, today I found the REAL culprit. Getting off the highway, the car completely shut down, no power steering, no power brakes, engine dead, nothing. Pulled over to the side of the road and tried to start it... nothing. Opened the hood and went to the two fuseboxes on the drivers side, opened the first one (farthest forward closest to the front) and started pressing down on the fuses and the whole box moved up and down - what the??? THE GROUNDING BOLT THAT HOLDS THE FUSE BOX IN PLACE WAS SO LOOSE I COULD UNSCREW IT COMPLETELY AND TAKE IT RIGHT OFF WITH MY HAND! :eek: As soon as I tightened it up, all was good in the world and the car fired back up with everything working hunky dory (at least for now). I checked the two smaller ones on the rear fuse block and they were pretty tight to begin with.

Hopefully this has rectified my electrical gremlin and I will not have these troubles again. Never thought about checking those three bolts so, I hope my post helps somebody else who may be having similar problems.

Happy Motoring! :bigthumb:

Stix

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Three weeks since last post. Not one issue has come back to haunt me. All is working as it should be. No gremlins yet. Still running strong!

Stix

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep! Ain't that the truth!

Stix

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.