Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put eibachs in last week. Was driving to a christmas get together with the family and every bump I hit the jeep would bottom out. Is this a bump stop issue or just part of having eibachs? I've never bottomed out with stock springs.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
did you install both rear tower cups or just the one smaller ?
I had the same issue until I removed the unnecessary larger rear tower

rides like a dream now !

·
Registered
532 Posts
Likewise. I skipped the large metal spacer and just used the cup and have never bottomed out....,

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I will guarantee they installed the taller metal spacer. Have it removed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yep, remove the metal spacer.

Also, I'd invest in the Stage 6 QA1 shocks at some point.
Exactly what he said, this combo is a perfect setup....get rid of the large spacer and then later invest in a set of QA1's.....

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
There's a thread on cutting the front bumpstop in half. You might want to read it.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Oops. Must have been typing the same time as Mongoose :)

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Oops. Must have been typing the same time as Mongoose :)
Haha, I was just browsing and decided to post up.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
i run the front bump stops and also the eibach rears but i trimmed them down 1" shorter than the OEM ones and this is perfect insurance for the shocks especially, i would never want my shocks bottoming out before the bump stops, anyone who runs just the bumper and cup is asking for trouble

·
Snail On Board
4,366 Posts
i run the front bump stops and also the eibach rears but i trimmed them down 1" shorter than the OEM ones and this is perfect insurance for the shocks especially, i would never want my shocks bottoming out before the bump stops, anyone who runs just the bumper and cup is asking for trouble
Are you saying to trim the rears also?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
fronts i left alone

for the rears i cut down the aluminum spacer they give you just to the length where i could still use the OEM bolt and the eibach cup and bump stop, i then cut some slits in the bump stops around them where they would catch in the cups, i saw some old bump stop photos on here where the lip was built into the rubber bump stop but mine didn't show up like that just a few weeks ago...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts