Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I read somewhere on this forum about there being the pink fuse (ABS I think) and an ediff fuse. If I'm not mistaken (haven't tried it yet), pulling out the pink ABS fuse will make the car launch and shift at 100% throttle instead of 80%, and pulling the ediff fuse will make the truck RWD. Am I right, or did I get something wrong? Also, if pulling the ABS fuse does make the truck have 100% throttle, what would be the negative effects, other than no ABS?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
9900rpm said:
OK, I read somewhere on this forum about there being the pink fuse (ABS I think) and an ediff fuse. If I'm not mistaken (haven't tried it yet), pulling out the pink ABS fuse will make the car launch and shift at 100% throttle instead of 80%, and pulling the ediff fuse will make the truck RWD. Am I right, or did I get something wrong? Also, if pulling the ABS fuse does make the truck have 100% throttle, what would be the negative effects, other than no ABS?

Thanks in advance.
Negative effects unknown at the time. But yes you are correct. There are two ABS fuses in the same Fuse box so pull the correct one. I am not totally convinced that it is faster or shifts quicker. I believe it shifts earlier. At least it feels like it. Try it and give your opinion. I am interested in what people really feel about this mod.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FastSRT8GC said:
Negative effects unknown at the time. But yes you are correct. There are two ABS fuses in the same Fuse box so pull the correct one. I am not totally convinced that it is faster or shifts quicker. I believe it shifts earlier. At least it feels like it. Try it and give your opinion. I am interested in what people really feel about this mod.
Tried it. ESP/BAS lights stay on, as well as ABS and the traction control light. Dash is just a mess. Oh, also, in the info center part, it says Perform Servicew 4WD System, or something. It does let you blaze the rear tires at will. The truck does feel lighter on it's feet. Gas mileage went up 1 mpg. If there's a way to do this without all the warning lights, it'd be great.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
After you replace the fuses the lights go out after a few starts.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
I'd love to try this, but I'm concerened about what someone said in a similar thread.

While having fun lighting the tires up, they destroyed the center differential. When they went to the dealer, they were told that every time they pulled said fuses, the computer stored a code with date/time stamp. So in the end the guy ate the cost for replacing the Diff.

This concerns me, however I have no idea how true this is.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
donde esta el thread

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Mango said:
I'd love to try this, but I'm concerened about what someone said in a similar thread.

While having fun lighting the tires up, they destroyed the center differential. When they went to the dealer, they were told that every time they pulled said fuses, the computer stored a code with date/time stamp. So in the end the guy ate the cost for replacing the Diff.

This concerns me, however I have no idea how true this is.
I have had the bearings in the diff replaced already and this was before i started pulling the fuse. Of course this should not be abused, i don't think it will cause any problems if used on occasion.

I have the dash hawk and it does not register any codes after the Ediff or the Abs is pulled. And we can reset trouble codes with the DashHawk.

Just make sure you remove all rubber from your wheel wells before the visit to the dealer. ;). Otherwise you don't know why the code was stored in the PCM maybe the fuse was loose or your dome light didn't work and you were testing fuses.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I replaced the fuses, the warning lights were still on. All of them went off with the first revolution of the wheels with the fuses back in. I'm guessing the wheen speed sensors have to see movement before it OK's itself.

Any possible way to have the wanring lights not come on with the fuses out?

About the PCM recording the fuses being out, I have my doubts. Worst comes to worst, bring the truck to the dealership with the fuses in, but blown. They will have a hard time proving that you did it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Good call, run it across the bat, pop the sucker and visit the dealer.

"WTF is up with this POS my lights are on and my rear is making lots of noise, You guys better fix this, and today would be nice!":mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Does anyone know what the edict fuse is labelled in a 2014 grand Cherokee Blackhawk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts