Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a shop with a DynoJet Dyno. they are willing to let me use it but said that i need some kind of chip or else the Jeep doesnt act right. has anyone heard of this chip or encountered problems with the dynojet dyno?

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
i found a shop with a DynoJet Dyno. they are willing to let me use it but said that i need some kind of chip or else the Jeep doesnt act right. has anyone heard of this chip or encountered problems with the dynojet dyno?
You need to put the jeep in dyno mode with the predator. When you do this all the lights will come
On on the dash and that's how you know. Also have someone watch the tires when you start to go.
If they don't start spinning at the same time put it in dyno mode again. I broke the chain on a dynojet
once before I was on the forums. Lol

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Is it an AWD dyno?

On the LX cars, if you creep up past 15-20 MPH slowly in auto stick, ESP turns itself off, not sure if this works in the jeeps...

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it an AWD dyno?

On the LX cars, if you creep up past 15-20 MPH slowly in auto stick, ESP turns itself off, not sure if this works in the jeeps...
yeah, its an AWD dyno. never been on one b4. they use it for Subarus and Evos.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I think one problem with the dyno jet is that the rollers are not connected, with the mustang I believe they are

The jeep kinda spazez out because the rears start to roll and the front doesn't like it would on the street and it picks it up as rear wheel spin

Also the mustang loads the rollers as opposed to the dynojet that lets them free spin

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Now dont get your hopes up thinking if you put out more hp than some1 else from the same type dyno you will run faster than them. I have raced guys putting out 15/20 more hp than me on same type AW DYONJET and beat them by .15/.20 in the 1/8 mile. I do like the dynojets my self.1 day i want to dyno on a 2 wh dynojet just to see the diff.

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i just dont want to mess up my Jeep. do i leave traction control on? and thanks all for answering my question. i was caught off guard, when they called me.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Another option is to pull the ESP/ABS fuse. You can do 1 run at a time like that and then you have to shut the truck off and start it again. That's how we did mine out here, worked fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts