Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welpp the day has come finally...Im hitting the dyno today around 1pm. I pulled the tcase motor out last night got it all ready to go..gonna go home load it up on the trailer and head to the dyno..im pumped. Hoping to make some good numbers on the juice...Gotta put my Tcm in before i load the jeep up still but that shouldnt take long...Look for post for some numbers to see what it makes. Ill reserve the next 2 for dyno sheets but i wont be able to scan them in until monday or tuesday when i get back to work..Ill snap some pics too. Only reason im trailering the jeep to the dyno is in case something drastically goes wrong with the nitrous and i didnt wanna risk driving with the tcase motor out some say its fine but i dont like the thought of it...

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
You should try a pull with the stock tcm then 1 with the modded tcm just to see if theres a diff because most dyno tuners dyno in 4th gear. Just my 2 cents. Well anyway the best of luck to you and im taking it the dyno is a 2 wh dyno?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its a 2wd dyno if he will let me make 2 differnt pulls comparing the stock and mopar tcm i will. I saw on most ppls post about it that it seems to add some mph up top and help a little bit in the 1/4. Ill see if he will let me do a comparison..

·
PWR Forged 371 + Boost
265 Posts
Good luck, looking forward to the results!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Nice dude can't wait for the numbers..make sure you put the Jeep in dyno mode via The Predator so your Jeep don't freak out.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Cant wait to see the numbers Kennis, Good luck....

·
Registered
11,241 Posts
Nice keep us posted .

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,143 Posts
Looking forward to results man.......

·
Just trying to go Fast
17,143 Posts
Good luck bro!!!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
^^^ Was wondering the same thing, come one kennis don't leave us hanging like this... The house thing musta went through haven't heard from him in a while.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no still working on the house thing. seems like everyone i look at needs something the other one has...but dyno didnt go so well. as you know it was pretty hot on friday temps got up to 70 degrees and inside the bay where the dyno was it was almost 90 degrees..they had a big fan in front of the jeep and 2 little fans trying to blow some cool air up into the bwoody...after the first baseline pull with a base flash it made like 362whp and like 370 tq and af was pretty lean..so he made 2 more pulls to try and get the af in the right area and did it made a couple more pulls and made like 364 and that was what we ended with and he said the intake temps were hot and told me if we woulda just did a pull with his tune on the jeep and temps were cooler it prob woulda made a estimated 20-30whp more but it was heat soaked. Also he pulled a degree off the top all the way across so i can run the 50-100 shot of the na tune without loading in a new tune........

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Those aren't bad baseline numbers, sorry it didnt go as planned. Are you gonna go back? Thought you wanted to spray 150?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now on to the nitrous tune.. he didnt wanna tune for the 125 or 150 shot without race gas and i didnt know this or else i wouldnt have filled my tank up with 93 before i went to the dyno..so i put the 125 jets in and we got the bottle pressure up to about 1k 1050 and we were ready, we were just gonna make a pull and check the af out across the board and leave it alone because of no race gas..so we had the pressure up we were ready purged the system armed it and he hit it and nothing happen...the kit didnt activate nothing went right after i hooked the whole system up i checked everything and it was all working but of couse something had to go wrong on the dyno..so instead of me continuing to pay the 75 an hour to sit on the dyno and figure out the problem we went ahead and pulled the jeep off the dyno. he pulled 2 degrees for the 125 shot and said i need to run about a 1/4 tank of race fuel to 1/2 tank of 93 and pulled 3 degrees for the 150 shot and said i need about 50-50 race fuel/93.......

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i gotta get my wideband this week i have all 3 tunes na tune 125 shot and 150 shot loaded in the predator. ill install my wideband waiting on a new tps switch i think thats whats went bad in my kit and why it didnt activate gonna get rid of the window switch and just roll with a push button. and let out if i see the wideband go funky...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts