Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I'm a huge Conti DWS fan as I have them on my 08 Vette. So I just got the DWS in today and boy do the rears look a lot larger! I mean I kind of expected it, but I'm worried about them rubbing.

I have read many threads everyone says nothing but great things about the fit. Most brands fit as long as you dont go with run flats that wide. Can you guys confirm that I made the right choice?

275/40/20
315/35/20

The question is that TireRack doesn't show the width for the 315 but it looks pretty close. Also on tirerack it says the 315 is for 10.5 or higher, and correct me if I'm wrong but we have 20x10 in the rears.

Thanks everyone, and sorry not trying to beat a dead horse on wanting to buy, but rather waited till I had it before I posted. Purchase was based on knowing what I knew about DWS, and forum reviews.

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
When you run the 275/315 combo you sidewall numbers will be different......should be 275/40-20 & 315/35-20.

Looks like your sidewall is too tall on the rear. Even though most tire specs will show a 315 on a 10.5" or wider rim it will work on your jeep. Had several 275/315 combos.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53031

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Crap guys I just seen that I had 40 and not 35 on the rear......No wonder I was wondering what you guys where talking about.....oops my bad. I do have

315/35/20 not the 40's

Thanks
You're all good then. Get those installed and post up some pics! :)

· Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT
6,054 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some more pics of these tires as I plan to get a set for when I move up to MI. I don't think the vreds will like the snow much! Haha

· Registered
419 Posts
Found some good info today if anyone is cross shopping Conti DWS with Toyo Proxes STII in the 315/275 combo.

Tirerack and Treadepot are basically the same price on the Conti's (roughly $1000 w/o shipping).

Tirerack doesn't carry Toyo but Treadepot is $728 w/o shipping. The rears are $40 cheaper per tire vs. Conti and the fronts are $93 per tire cheaper.

I've heard good things about both tires however Conti's are 540AA and Toyo's are 420AA so if they wear as advertised maybe the price is a wash. Toyo's look cooler :)

EDIT: Just checked and the POS! stock GY's are $1978 for a set f/r on Tirerack. And they're only 260AA!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.