Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever hacked their DVD player to play on the in dash Nav Screen? And NO i dont wana watch movies while im driving, but would like to watch while im sitting around waiting on kids to get outa school etc... w/o getting in the back seat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the star scan hack will only work when you are in park? or can that be hacked too? The thread i found said that it takes the lockpick if you wana watch and drive, my son has already left me alone up front today so he could watch "matrix"

·
Registered
580 Posts
Not sure what you guys are talking about with this star scan stuff...my jeep played DVD's in park just fine. Eventually I did buy the Lockpick so I could drive and play DVDs at the same time. Hate to state the obvious, but have you tried inserting a DVD while and park and seeing what happens?

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Good point. My system always played DVDs while in park in the front. Make sure your front system is DVD capable, may be just in the rear

·
Registered
477 Posts
Can't speak for stock Nav/DVD players, but all after market units can be installed or hacked to play DVD or Nav while driving. Ebayers try to sell these bypass kits for Kenwood units, which are a total waste, when all you have to do is ground the wire during installation. Just had one installed without any extra kit and its fully functional.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Anyone know if the stock nav unit in the WK2 can play DVD in motion using a star scan to enable? The WK2 was used in the WK1, right?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
I have a lockpick so I can also use my Ipad.

Roll Out!!

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.