Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading a topic a few minutes ago which made me think of the time I got pulled over in my SRT-4 for not having any front plates. Funny thing about it was there was a riced out Honda Civic driving next to me with his exhaust literally dragging on the street, sparks flying everywhere and making a loud grinding noise, but the cop pulls directly behind me and doesn't hesitate to ticket me $160 for no front plates :mofo:

This was in Denver, too.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I got a ticket while pumping fuel for not having a front plate, years ago in my 93 RX7. Cop pulled in behind me and turned on his lights while I was filling up.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Being 2% off MD's front window tint law.

Roll Out!!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Well let's see street racing an driving to slow at the same time...explain that one...cop was so embarrassed didn't even show to court the 5 times I went and it was criminal court

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
My mustang goes through cut out gaskets like crazy, one time they were open and I saw the cop a ways off at an intersection and went slow so hopefully he would go but he waited and pulled behind me. I went into a neighborhood to see if he was following me and he was. Almost got out the other side when he light me up and told me it was because the neighborhood wasnt a through street. Then he *****ed about my exhaust and tints told me next time I was getting a bunch of tickets.

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Well let's see street racing an driving to slow at the same time...explain that one...cop was so embarrassed didn't even show to court the 5 times I went and it was criminal court
I think the cop was trying to do you a favor. They usually give driving to slow so that you don't get points on your license.

The only dumb thing I can think of. Is the one time in Philly a long time ago. I had a 1986 full size POS bronco. The front axle broke and the wheel came out from under the vehicle. The front end was litterly laying on the pavement. I went into a local store to call for a tow (before cell phones were popular) and when I came out there was a ticket on my windshield for parking in a no standing zone :confused:

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
If the cop was doing me a favor he would of never gave me a ticket n make me waste 2k on a lawyer..if he only understood that I wasn't racing and my friends super charged mustang clutch didn't work;) and we where calling a tow company to get him towed. The ticket was a misd. And no point value due to If found guilty bye bye license But court was funny because he wrote on the bottom of ticket that I said "yea I know it's wrong" so my lawyer told the judge we where discussing the topic of abortion n tht I don't agree with abortion...walked out of court with all charges dropped

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Yea I got one for going too slow.
It was weird. I had simply slowed down
To a crawl to ask a guy in an SL65
If he could show me how my car would fare against his
. Johnny po pulled me (not the SL) and was pissed
"you're lucky I didny catch you in ten seconds."

"officer I was just asking him about his car, you dont see those everyday."

This only served to enrage him further.

I got a ticket for going below posted speed limit.

Took it to court and had it converted to a 25.00
Parking ticket. Silly

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Yea I got one for going too slow.
It was weird. I had simply slowed down
To a crawl to ask a guy in an SL65
If he could show me how my car would fare against his
. Johnny po pulled me (not the SL) and was pissed
"you're lucky I didny catch you in ten seconds."

"officer I was just asking him about his car, you dont see those everyday."

This only served to enrage him further.

I got a ticket for going below posted speed limit.

Took it to court and had it converted to a 25.00
Parking ticket. Silly
Luckyy I wasn't moving n still got that damn unlawful speed contest ticket

·
Registered
340 Posts
Couple dumb tickets I got..... Driving at dusk with just the parking lights on. I pulled out of a gas station onto a brightly lit street and didnt even realize it. No love from the cop.

The other one, I had just taken a car out of winter storage. Was driving it back home from the storage facility. Got pulled over for the license plate registration sticker being 1 week expired. (Mind you i was only about a half a mile from my house, where I had the new sticker. Again, no love.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
One of my friends has a mustang n is trying to get a ticket for unlawful display of power lol

·
Borracho
605 Posts
An here I thought I was the only one to get a ticket with the running lights on at dusk. So lame.

I also got a a ticket for not blinkering on a lane change.

Couple dumb tickets I got..... Driving at dusk with just the parking lights on. I pulled out of a gas station onto a brightly lit street and didnt even realize it. No love from the cop.

The other one, I had just taken a car out of winter storage. Was driving it back home from the storage facility. Got pulled over for the license plate registration sticker being 1 week expired. (Mind you i was only about a half a mile from my house, where I had the new sticker. Again, no love.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Failing to yield on freeway entrance, despite the freeway being empty. Apparantly you still need to slow down prior to merging. . . even without a car in site :|

Once he had me pulled over I got one for having a clear plastic cover over my front plate ... oh and also nailed me for front window tint.

That was an expensive one.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
some of yall's tickets are not so dumb. like not having lights on, that's how they catch a lot of dwis. and not signalling lane changes? that's pretty important to do, in my book anyway.

dumbest ticket i ever got was on my bike. $225 for not having a plate. when i was pulled over, i was more surprised than anything, cuz i had no idea my plate was gone - guess someone jacked the plate while i was parked on the street by my job. i showed all my papers to the officers and explained that someone must have stolen my plate. one of the cops was intent on writing me up, and was saying that before pulling me over, he thought the bike was stolen. i say if the bike was stolen, why would the thief take off the plate? to draw attention to himself? then he said, well you don't have a front plate either. are you ****ing serious??? you ever see a front plate on a bike? his partner is agreeing with me, saying that yeah, bikes just have one plate. i'm 5 blocks from home, too. but this guy proceeds to write me up.

i end up having to take time off work to go up in front of a judge, who takes exactly 30 seconds to listen to my side of the story and throw out the ticket.

i swear, some cops, if it wasn't for that job, they'd be working at walmart.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I had a bad one. I was in a rush on a holiday and gunned it when a light turned green. I made a left hand turn....I look up and the car i cut off was a cop.... I knew i was getting pulled over so i was on the side of the road before his lights went on and that is probably why i got out of the ticket..

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
Let's see...I was pulled over on 95 by the Savannah Intl Airport in Pooler GA a while back in my old 300SRT8 for tints, they asked to roll down my windows so I did, then they put the box on the window to test, I passed, 37.5% in the front and 25% in the back, then they saw the switches for the nitrous setup...they called backup and they other officer asked to roll down my passenger side window to ask what those "arming" switches were for next the shifter, arm, purge, heaters, stage arm etc, keep in mind that I am of Indian origin and had a beard at the time...not good for me to have arming triggers....

Long story short, I explained to them that the car was worked over and I was running a direct port system on her etc etc, so they asked to see where the bottles were, so I said sure, I need to step out of the car, now there are 3 troopers btw. So I pop the trunk and step up out to show them my empty billet bottle holder...they say "well, where are the bottles?" Oh, well I don't keep them in the car, I don't street race if that's what you're thinking? A couple of them weren't pleased with my response but the officer that pulled my over was very understanding, he said that he admired the car and loved the way it sounded, also asked me to launch off the median after everything was over, I did as he told me they weren't going to come after me as long as I didn't go crazy...as I was doing so I had passed an over pass with another trooper sitting behind it...I wasn't WOT anymore, but was still in the 100mph range but on the deceleration side now to abide by the rules...so of course I get pulled over, I stated to him that I was just pulled over by a few troopers and they had asked me to show off a bit, he must have been their boss...radioed in to the other guys to see if that was true, none of them agreed.

Got a speeding ticket because the officer had asked me to get WOT to see what my car was capable of doing...dumb reason to get a ticket!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Sounds like they set u up skip!!

·
Premium Reformed Member
3,494 Posts
Lol @ Skip! Hook, line and sinker. That's awesome!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.