Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish it wasn't pouring rain, but I still got to drive them. I drove the 300 first, grey with black interior. The 300 is just nasty, awesome feel, crazy comfortable, and awesome electronics. The paddle shifters are addicting.:D Because of the rain it just spun the tires, but it was fun anyway.

Drove a Black on black Jeep next. The Jeep was very impressive, it makes the most intoxicating burble out the exhaust when it shifts. It was a cool night, about 60*. I have to say, the Jeep felt pretty quick. They let us launch from a dig, and run it through the 1st-2nd gear shift , then hard on the brakes. The brakes are nuts, waaaaaaayyyyyy better than our brakes. You have total control, even under full braking from 50-60mph in the rain. The interior is very nice, but after driving the 300 I immediately noticed the smaller NAV screen, it still bugs me. The panoramic roof is just awesome, the front works like a normal moonroof, the rear is a full glass panel. A power shade slides from the rear to cover the panoramic roof. All in all the the Jeep was definitely nice, but I would probably wait until the larger stereo makes its way into the Jeep before I got one.

I skipped the Charger, because honestly I don't like it.:eek: They wouldn't let us drive the Chally because of the rain. :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the info. Glad to see a WK1 owner who likes the new jeep too! I'm going down to jersey tomorrow to the next srt tour stop, so hopefully i will get a test drive also and i will report back.:)

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Good review Phil! So is the 2012 Jeep nice enough that you would trade it for your modded Jeep?

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
Yeah, idk the new ones grown on me, everything except those wheel to be honest. I never really hated it just hope in a few years a different wheel option is offered cause I dont like them and I have never really been a fan of hardly any aftermarket wheels. Agree with you that larger nav screen is a must for me. Idk though because the 300 is d*mn sexy i cant lie, if I can wait for the next few year model changes without getting the 300 I might get one. I need to drive one, and dealer is calling me as soon as they get their first one in cause Im friends with a salesman, the first one is sold but were gunna take it out he said haha. bad salesman but works for me haha

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good review Phil! So is the 2012 Jeep nice enough that you would trade it for your modded Jeep?

Its definitley nice, but I wouldn't trade my WK1 just yet. The WK2 has a completely different feel from the WK1. I'll say this: if I were to buy the WK2, I wouldn't trade my WK1, I would trade my Ecoboost and my Roush and just drive the WK2 everyday in all weather and keep my WK1 as the dragstrip terror that it is.
If those guys weren't paying attention, I would have tossed my dog in the back of the Jeep and left my Ecoboost there. :D

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
Pretty cool Phil. Great review, I hope I get the chance to drive them, or at least one, at our upcoming tour.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Glad to hear you liked it. Im itching to check out the 12's when they come to FL.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
220 Posts
Got to finally see one today, but no test drives:mad: I guess it depends on where your stop is at if they can do them or not. The SRT guy said they are not allowed to take them off of private property. This was in a diner parking lot, so no room for test drives. At least I got to sit in it and check it all out! Looks great and real comfortable. And I liked the rims much better in person. One problem I noticed was one of the LED lights had moisture on the inside of the lens. They said it just happened today and they had already called the srt engineers to report the problem. They said one great thing about them driving these vehicles across the country(the jeep has 6k on it already:eek:) is that they talk to the engineers almost everyday and are able to report any problems with the vehicles so engineers can investigate. Sounds like they are being more responsible than in the past.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I also got to drive the new 300 and the Jeep. I really like the new version, but for a lot different reasons. It's a super NICE SUV that is also a great handling and powerful daily driver. It provides more utility with the same "sport" of my WKSRT8.
The stereo in the 300, which is the HK system is light years better than the Kicker in my Jeep. It is a great stereo. The 8" display is magnificant and the display between the gauges were also a full color display. Once that goes in the Jeep, it will be completed, because as Phil said above, it really bothers me seeing the same old display, while I know this great one is in the 300, Charger and Challenger.

There are 3 things I need before an upgrade...
More colors
Better head unit
Better tranny

·
Lifetime Gas Guzzler
307 Posts
That just made me more excited for my 2012 I'm purchasing hopefully it comes out in my state soon I'm just itching to get behind the wheel!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info man!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am going to buy the 300 SRT next year sometime for my wife. She loves it. Lucky for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts