Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:jawdrop: Wow it amazing how much noticeably quicker/faster my Jeep is just by pulling 165 pounds of weight out of the car. I have a custom ported box for my two 12's that I pulled out last night and based on the driving difference I may never put it back in!

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
this is exactly why when i got my jeep the subs were sold for mod money :D, i had 2 15's with a custom enclosure in my escalade before this and i knew how much that weighed, wasn't gunna let my jeep suffer the same fate ;). There are more lightweight options too that will still bump, think im gunna have my friend fabricate some custom enclosure panels to be built into the panels in the trunk area. I know they are available already, just too much money for what you get. Enjoy your lost weight! ;)

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
this is exactly why when i got my jeep the subs were sold for mod money :D, i had 2 15's with a custom enclosure in my escalade before this and i knew how much that weighed, wasn't gunna let my jeep suffer the same fate ;). There are more lightweight options too that will still bump, think im gunna have my friend fabricate some custom enclosure panels to be built into the panels in the trunk area. I know they are available already, just too much money for what you get. Enjoy your lost weight! ;)
What panels are already available?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think im just going to leave them out for now and maybe just sell them like you did for some more mod money. Man two 15's that must have been a heavy box! I like the sounds but a faster Jeep is more fun :)

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
I think im just going to leave them out for now and maybe just sell them like you did for some more mod money. Man two 15's that must have been a heavy box! I like the sounds but a faster Jeep is more fun :)

Not a bad idea man, i mean this cars built for speed not bumpin. But those 15's were crazy heavy, it took two of use to take it outta the truck safely, dont think ill ever have something that heavy in my car ever again. I know it was hooked down well but if you ever got in a crash with something that big in there its not gunna be good. Faster is much more fun, think i went through the bass music stage but now its all about the speed ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I’m definitely over the bass phase. These trucks are heavy enough as it is. I might look into that stealth box though! Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
i'm putting two 12" kicker slim subs in mine. much lighter with pleanty of thump.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Any pics of what you took out?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took out this custom box for two 12" subs. The whole enclosure weighed about 165lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I was hoping this was a mod from stock. that's what happens when you read
sh!t at 3am

·
Registered
741 Posts
Better than the custom enclosure that my friend Tim and I have been buliding. Made to hold 2 DC Audio Level V 18" subs. They weight over 80# ea. The box is made out of doubled up 3/4" MDF. It's insanely heavy. Takes up the entire rear of his Tahoe. (and requires 7000W @ 1Ω to run em') I'm not sure how much the battery bank is going to weigh.

New Box:

Old Box

The old one, when fully loaded weighed in over 400#. If losing 100# = -.1 in the 1/4... then losing his old box would bring him down nearly 1/2 a second in the quarter!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts