Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep motor is cooked and sitting in Carson City in the dealer's lot (Service Dept. not to be trusted). Does anybody out there have a suggestion? Should I have the truck brought down to LA. Who do you recommend to build 426. Should I just get a stock crate motor? HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
What is your budget/ timeline ? is the truck covered by warranty or are you flipping the bill for this build ? .. already got a 426 or is that the plan ?

with the info given, the solutions could be endless.

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
Spankin Time Motorsports in San Bernardino can build you a 426 or install one from a vendor.....oh yea they can do anything actually and tune!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AROD-Waiting to hear if Chrysler is going to assist. A $2.00 TS at the core of this BS. No reason Chrysler should not take the hit. It has been almost 4 weeks since the truck went down. If I don't get any results by Monday then I will make a move. I just don't know about extra HP with the 426/Tranny. Crate stock motor is $7,600. 426 w 6.4 heads from Andy Underwood is $7,500.00. Thanks for your reply. Young Medic has a contact locally. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YoungMedic23 -
Thanks for the reply. I will get in touch with the guys in San Bernadino. Let me know about any other thoughts you might have.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
If Chrysler is paying for it, get a new engine from them. If you're paying for it, definitely go with a 426.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
tough spot jethro ! any word back from the dealer ? Id have to go with ekaz on this one.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
If Chrysler is paying for it, get a new engine from them. If you're paying for it, definitely go with a 426.
This is what i was going to say...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Wow that sucks. I'm getting kind of weary of the t-stats lately. My truck was running hot and it turned out to be a bad 2 year old Jet t-stat. Just installed a Motorad last week. I'll be keeping my eye on the temps from now on.

Did you have the stock tstat or Jet/Motorad? Was there any indication of things going bad or did it just happen?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
down and out in Beverly Hills

To all who replied-
No warning re: overheating. I did get the OBDII light, but pulled over after six miles. Stuck TS according to dealer. Chrysler is not assisting...so it looks like maybe 426 install. I don't need the expense right now, but maybe in the long run it will be woth it. 54,000 miles. what do you think. Young Medic re: shop in San Bernadino. ????? I want to make the right move here.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts