Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
When I blew the block on my STi it caught fire as well ... but there was no way it was going out on its own !! took nearly the entire extinguisher I had on board to put it out.

Damn did that things make a bang though .. sleeved block split like a toothpick lol

When I blew the block on my STi it caught fire as well ... but there was no way it was going out on its own !! took nearly the entire extinguisher I had on board to put it out.

Damn did that things make a bang though .. sleeved block split like a toothpick lol
What were u applying to that sleeved block that u broke? Damn!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Dude posting this up on a board with all these details and then saying you're bringing it back to the dealer for a warranty claim isn't really the right move.

This is all you needed.

"Is there a black box in these Jeeps? I was told that there was one and it records all data. Is that true?"

No details needed.

If I work for your warranty company (if it is an aftermarket) or if I am working for Chrysler if you have a warranty through them, first thing I'm going to do is look on the forums. And if I happen to see that someone is describing a jeep on fire and I happen to have a claim where a Jeep caught fire, a red flag is going up.

I can tell you for certain when a blown motor is involved the decision goes to Chrysler Engineering not at the dealer level. I've been told point blank in person by an SRT engineer that they can tell how many times a PCM has been flashed and you can bet they'll also have all the data on the max RPM's and speed etc before the catastrophic failure at their disposal.

Bernie

Still not answering wha mods you had..

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide App

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Im not to sure as to what side the flames came out of more. I could just see alot of yellow light in my side view mirrors. @Speedking...Im not sure how you drive but i put mine through its paces. On a long stretch of desserted highway late at night when the air is cold that beast comes alive. I didnt realize putting a whipping on a mustang and defending the hemi/SRT reputation made me a jack ass. I guess were all jackass on this forum then because i like to enjoy the full performance of my vehicle just like my fellow SRT owners. I appreciate every one's input and if its not covered then ill upgrade to the 426.

Dude posting this up on a board with all these details and then saying you're bringing it back to the dealer for a warranty claim isn't really the right move.

This is all you needed.

"Is there a black box in these Jeeps? I was told that there was one and it records all data. Is that true?"

No details needed.

If I work for your warranty company (if it is an aftermarket) or if I am working for Chrysler if you have a warranty through them, first thing I'm going to do is look on the forums. And if I happen to see that someone is describing a jeep on fire and I happen to have a claim where a Jeep caught fire, a red flag is going up.
I was going to say the same thing. I hope the dealership, or the warranty company isn't on the boards, however I know Chrysler will frequent these threads every now and then to offer advise or customer service.

At any rate, best of luck with the Jeep :)

What were u applying to that sleeved block that u broke? Damn!!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
29Psi out of a Rotated GT35r for 2+ years as a DD :lol:

After the rebuild she's been on a strict diet of Meth ;)

A correction to the threads title...

Blondes and 747's have black boxes... Our vehicles have EDR's (Event Data Recorders) :D

This thread just took a turn for the WIN !!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.