Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I be more worried about mods than you driving the car as it was intended to be driven

Why has the car been sitting 2mo with the battery disconnected?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I lost the key while i was ditching the truck on the highway. It was late at night and the tow company disconnected the battery because the flashers and horn were flashing and honking. I also had to replace a few mods i made w stock parts. Its pretty much been a complete disaster since it happened.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Flames were shooting out of the wheel wells? Do you know what was on fire? Did the fire stop by itself or did you have to use an extinguisher?

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
I lost the key while i was ditching the truck on the highway. It was late at night and the tow company disconnected the battery because the flashers and horn were flashing and honking. I also had to replace a few mods i made w stock parts. Its pretty much been a complete disaster since it happened. So does any one think im going to have a problem w my warrenty
I'm not trying to be smarta$$ or anything here but I think your first sentence answers the last one.

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Ive never heard of MPH of RPMS voiding a warranty ... if they allow the car to reach such limits than they have to warrant them.

Just revert to fully stock, with stock tune. drop it off and say you have no idea what happened...

play dumb

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I like where this thread is going. . .

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
this seems a bit crazy what went on fire in the wheel well...please keep use updated on what happens..very interesting story!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I've seen sparks shoot out of the wheels under heaving braking. Not sure on the SRT though? But seen it happen on other cars while street racing in my younger days.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I would be more concerned about the fire coming out of your wheel wells than anything else really. That to me is a big problem. What mods do you have?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HAHAH yeah its back to stock, i figure i shot a rod through the block. I was going so fast the fire put its self out. I later found out there was a state trooper going south as i was headed north, he saw me on fire. I must have looked like Haleys comet lol. I have had that truck full out numerous times. It only has 40,000 miles. If all else fails im going to upgrade to the 426.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My mechanic seem's to think the fire was caused by the oil dumping out the hole in the block on to the hot header's. It was most likely smothered by the speed and lack of oxygen and total loss of oil. It was a pretty crazy night. My friend in the mustang summed it up as epic.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What type of warranty do you have that it would be still in effect at 40k? Did you buy the extended? Thought the factory warranty was 3 years/36k.

Stix

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
What mods did you have that would force a rod through the block?

So, have you actually seen a hole in the block, or oil on the headers for that matter or is it all speculation at this point?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
its just speculation at this point. A little oil left on the right side header. tiny little puddle. I just have no clue y else it would have flames out the wheel well's. Possible low oil pressure or low oil may have caused a bearing to seize and then the failure. Its going to the PLACE I BOUGHT IT FROM TOMORROW SO ILL DEF KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED. i WAS JUST WORRIED ABOUT THE BLACK BOX SHOWING THE DASH READINGS...THI8NGS LIKE POSSIBLE LOW OIL PRESSURE EXCESSIVE SPEED AND ALIKE.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts