Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just got my 2012 SRT8 and I'm noticing that whenever I'm listening to FM radio or Sirus, whatever the song is playing, the monitor does not show the artist and song information?

All new cars has this feature, is our $65K car that archic? If not, please help me to adjust my settings where I can see music info! When I press the "default" display button, it only show music info on left half of the screen with "Jeep" showing on the right half. Is there anyway to display music info on the full screen?

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Just press the button on bottom of screen towards right side that is the letter "i" inside a circle

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just press the button on bottom of screen towards right side that is the letter "i" inside a circle
Nope, that doesn't do it..

Anyone else?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not sure what the malfunction may be, but it should work as described above. When the satelite radio is playing you should see a soft button on the bottom right side of the screen that is the letter "i" in a circle (for information) and you should be able to touch that button to display the artist and song title info on the right side of the screen. Also, pressing the "Presets" soft button on the screen in bottom center location, you can press it and it will cycle between showing the station info, the artist info, the song title and then just the Jeep logo on the right side of the screen. I like that feature as you can see what song is playing on the other channels without having to change to jump to them.

If you're not seeing this or getting this functionality, then you may need a software update or flash. Try it once or twice more and if you don't have any luck then someone else on the forum may have a suggestion or it may mean a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I just went and checked it out again. On Sirus mode, when I press the "i" button, there are music info but in a generic display format. When I turned to FM Radio, depending on which station I tuned to, some will have song info, but some will state "no information available"?

My big complaint about this is why is our interface so damn generic? Even when the music info is displayed, it's like a 1970 computer #10 fonts! Our screen is 6.5"! Display the information! The whole touch screen display is a disappointment really!:( I expected much better from a $65K car! Look at a Mercedes Benz or Audi command centers, that's technology!

·
Registered
740 Posts
You are not the only one to bring this up, plenty of threads on this.

I will add that I completely agree with your sentiments. The head unit is dated and not just because of the 6.5" size in comparison to the new 8.4" model in other srt vehicles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts