Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the search goes on for me to buy a high mileage jeep to strip down and have a twin turbo build made from scratch, I came to find that the cheapest jeeps are the 2006 "of course" and some times the 2007's. So far the only thing I know about the difference between the 2006-2007's and the 2008-2010's is the interior switches from gray'ish to black, am I correct?

Other than this, what are other differences if there is any? Mainly, were there any performance or electronic improvements from the 2006's to the late 2009's?? In other terms, coming from a lx background I know exactly the difference between the 2006 300c srt8 and the 2009 300c srt8 just by looking at it. For you guys who jeeps are their backgrounds, what do you see is different?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO biggest difference is price.

Yes and it seems like cars towards the eastern part of the country seems to be a little bit cheaper compared to the west. I don't know how the car market works in the U.S but I am using www.cars.com and www.autotrader.com as my search engines and putting my search radius at 500miles. Can anyone recommend other websites to look at?

·
Registered
802 Posts
edmunds and kbb are also good sites to check out. I think google and yahoo have auto sale related searches too...?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Interior is not black, its dark grey.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i went through this myself and have found i prefer the styling of 08+ over 06,07 ... the link from resume speed is a great one. i picked up an 08 with 39k that is loaded for about 2500 more than a local 07 that was similiar. to me it was worth it as i had an 07 Ram that had gray, gray and more gray on the interior. i hated it. my 2010 Challenger is black/dark gray and i love it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the help gentlemen. Interior can always be changed/customized. I just don't see any body difference between all the years except for the slightly changed taillights.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I bought an '08 new for these reasons.

-Dark interior
-OEM autoleveling HIDs
-Body match bumpers
-Mygig Nav

If I was spending the money to have a TT built for a weekend car I would get a '08+. If its track only I'd buy the cheaper '06.

·
Registered
418 Posts
all the same man, dont believe the hype of the "differences"...ask anyone on the road and see if they can tell you the differences. Yes 08+ has some more gadgets, but performance, body style, wheels, brakes, suspension, comfort and handling is ALL the same..I always say, get the one that has been taken care properly PERIOD...newer doesnt neccessary means better.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Unless you like interiors. . .
hahaha i just dont get it..how difference is your or the 08+ interior?? besides the seat color, which is like women comparing shoe color, because i prefer the gray myself, but some of you like the black I dont see how different 08+ interior is? Same seats, uglier steering wheel IMO, same shifter, pedals, same exact console, it could be more but thats all you notice from a quick glance, and yeah offcourse there is the small differences..I dont know its hard for me to tell, i have an 09 left over at work that i will ocasionally drive for fun and i never notice the difference going from my 06 to that 09, which has only 8k miles.

·
Registered
665 Posts
.I always say, get the one that has been taken care properly PERIOD...newer doesnt neccessary means better.
X2 Try to find a original owner and service records to match . I looked for months before getting my 07 I found 08-09's with more options but worse shape for way more money and miles .

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
hahaha i just dont get it..how difference is your or the 08+ interior?? besides the seat color, which is like women comparing shoe color, because i prefer the gray myself, but some of you like the black I dont see how different 08+ interior is? Same seats, uglier steering wheel IMO, same shifter, pedals, same exact console, it could be more but thats all you notice from a quick glance, and yeah offcourse there is the small differences..I dont know its hard for me to tell, i have an 09 left over at work that i will ocasionally drive for fun and i never notice the difference going from my 06 to that 09, which has only 8k miles.
For me the HID's, refreshed bumper with raised headlight curves, and the black interior were the deal breakers....

I notice the small things....

You own an 06 so of course you'll downplay the "improvements" on the newer models....as I do for the 09's performance pages that I wish I had :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
For me the HID's, refreshed bumper with raised headlight curves, and the black interior were the deal breakers....

I notice the small things....

You own an 06 so of course you'll downplay the "improvements" on the newer models....as I do for the 09's performance pages that I wish I had :(
I am not down palying anything, to be honest i had a choice of an 06 with 28k miles and and 08 with 62k miles..guess which one i picked because of the low milage and original 79 yr old owner :)...i guess little things do matter to some people though

Here is what i consider a big difference: I had Mitsu Evos before, first an 03 evo8 which was fast with the blue recaros, brembos, and the usuall an evo comes with, then i moved to the 06 evo9 which made more power, leather with red stitching, MIVEC ( VVT), with bigger OEM turbo, hollow cams, ACD ( active center diff), everything else the exact same...i guess thats what i consider big difference between models;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts