Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
If so what deal did you get?

Thanks
I leased my 2012 Overland 620 a month plus first pmt down. 10K miles per year. I though it was a great deal.

·
Registered
2010 WK1 coming soon......
1,508 Posts
All the deals I made on SRT8's, and all the hundreds more I worked numbers on...

I dont recall even one who actually leased thier Jeep. Though I may be wrong, it has been a few years.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Since "the crash" 2 years ago of the big 3, leasing is just awful since it has returned. I am not against leasing if you fit the factors that make it a good choice (which it still kills me to this day that some people cannot grasp, and continue strictly say "leasing is dumbs") but with such low APRs it is smarter to finance to own.

*leased the previous 2 cars before my 2010 SRT8 and 2006 GTO*

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is what is odd.

I keep seeing ALLOT of Ford Explorers on the road on par with the Jeep Cherokee but I think I see a bit more Explorers.

I checked the ford website and the deals are AMAZING for the explorer as it relates to leasing in particular. The finance was also cheaper. I wonder if they think the explorer will hold value better than the Jeep?

Don,

When are you getting back into sales?

Since "the crash" 2 years ago of the big 3, leasing is just awful since it has returned. I am not against leasing if you fit the factors that make it a good choice (which it still kills me to this day that some people cannot grasp, and continue strictly say "leasing is dumbs") but with such low APRs it is smarter to finance to own.

*leased the previous 2 cars before my 2010 SRT8 and 2006 GTO*

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here is what is odd.

I keep seeing ALLOT of Ford Explorers on the road on par with the Jeep Cherokee but I think I see a bit more Explorers.

I checked the ford website and the deals are AMAZING for the explorer as it relates to leasing in particular. The finance was also cheaper. I wonder if they think the explorer will hold value better than the Jeep?
That makes sense. Jeep/Dodge KNOW that these vehicles (GC and Durango) will take a hit when they refresh them in 2013-2014 with the new transmissions, modern infotainment, LED taillights, etc. Ford knows that it has a vehicle that is cutting edge now, and will be still class average or higher in 3-4 years in terms of features.

Chrysler knows these trucks are going to depreciate badly. Thus, if they had cheap leases, they'd get destroyed when they got them back an had to sell them. To the people that don't care about infotainment, transmission gears, etc., there will be great deals to be had once the new versions come out.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Here is what is odd.

Don,

When are you getting back into sales?
One of the biggest reasons for that is you are still leasing through Ford motor credit. A few years ago Chrysler Financial dropped leasing all together and if I am not mistaken they are leasing through GMAC. Or at least they were.

As for me in sales..........I am hoping for never again. I loved what I did but it never paid the bills. In service now I make a lot more, work shorter hours, and stress levels have gone way down:D

But I still know a lot of people in sales and as always I am willing to help out should anyone need it:cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah that makes sense. I would also add that the Ford Explorer is put together very well.

I noticed that after I made it though 2008 (high stress levels in real estate) that my hair stopped thinning. I get reducing stress...And then making a better salary on top of that is just icing on the cake.

One of the biggest reasons for that is you are still leasing through Ford motor credit. A few years ago Chrysler Financial dropped leasing all together and if I am not mistaken they are leasing through GMAC. Or at least they were.

As for me in sales..........I am hoping for never again. I loved what I did but it never paid the bills. In service now I make a lot more, work shorter hours, and stress levels have gone way down:D

But I still know a lot of people in sales and as always I am willing to help out should anyone need it:cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are gonna refresh the Durango and GC that quickly? My goodness.

That makes sense. Jeep/Dodge KNOW that these vehicles (GC and Durango) will take a hit when they refresh them in 2013-2014 with the new transmissions, modern infotainment, LED taillights, etc. Ford knows that it has a vehicle that is cutting edge now, and will be still class average or higher in 3-4 years in terms of features.

Chrysler knows these trucks are going to depreciate badly. Thus, if they had cheap leases, they'd get destroyed when they got them back an had to sell them. To the people that don't care about infotainment, transmission gears, etc., there will be great deals to be had once the new versions come out.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I get reducing stress...And then making a better salary on top of that is just icing on the cake.
Could not agree more!!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I leased mine for 24 months at 0%.
Then bought it out once I knocked the price down a little

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.