Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my DS Trinity in the mail today along with the gauge pod mount. I plan on interfacing the Trinity with my wideband. From looking at the gauge pod install pics, I noticed that sliding the Trinity on and off the mount and unplugging it wound be quite difficult and annoying. Do you Trinity users with the gauge pod mount just leave it in the car and just unplug it from the OBDII port whenever you park? If so, how's your Trinity been standing up to the weather in your area? In Texas, temps can vary widely from under 30F to 110F in the summer time.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
I live in Florida and leave mine in my Jeep year round for the last 2 or so years. No issues. I used to unplug it at the OBD-II port.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I've had the touch screens act a little goofy sometimes in extreme cold. Haven't had any issues with heat, but haven't ever left one in sunlight either
My touch screen doesn't like the cold either.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
You can just leave it plugged in. The only problem you might experience is a major decrease in the range of your key fobs. They clearly didn't do any EMI testing on the trinity and it interferes with the key fob remote.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for the replies.

You can just leave it plugged in. The only problem you might experience is a major decrease in the range of your key fobs. They clearly didn't do any EMI testing on the trinity and it interferes with the key fob remote.
Ok. I've been reading various threads from other Trinity users that they sometimes can't even lock/unlock their jeep if they leave it plugged in. Seems like mostly 07 jeeps have this issue. Have you had this problem? I also read that leaving it plugged in drains your battery.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts

Ok. I've been reading various threads from other Trinity users that they sometimes can't even lock/unlock their jeep if they leave it plugged in. Seems like mostly 07 jeeps have this issue. Have you had this problem? I also read that leaving it plugged in drains your battery.
I would not be surprised to see touch screen issues in the very cold conditions, but never any issues with heat.

The battery will be fine, no issues there. Check out Harrison's work around for the key fob issues, he has an 07 as well I believe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would not be surprised to see touch screen issues in the very cold conditions, but never any issues with heat.

The battery will be fine, no issues there. Check out Harrison's work around for the key fob issues, he has an 07 as well I believe.
Do you know, by chance were can i find harrisons fix ? I'm getting tired of unplugging the trinity in my 07

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

I have a 2008 and yes, I have the issue, it reduces the key fob range to about 20 feet. With the trinity unplugged, I easily have 50 yards of range.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Just FYI, mine is mounted directly in front of the gear shifter and I lost 90% of my key fob range. The fob still works, so its no a big big deal, but just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick question for Trinity users that leave the Trinity plugged in. When I shut my jeep off, the Trinity will display the main menu then black out while showing a blinking yellow light. I'm guessing this is sleep mode? Will this drain my battery?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Quick question for Trinity users that leave the Trinity plugged in. When I shut my jeep off, the Trinity will display the main menu then black out while showing a blinking yellow light. I'm guessing this is sleep mode? Will this drain my battery?
No you will be fine, it will only drain it if the main screen stays on. Jeep has sat for a liitle over a week before with out being started and still didn't drain my battery

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
No you will be fine, it will only drain it if the main screen stays on. Jeep has sat for a liitle over a week before with out being started and still didn't drain my battery
Agreed. Mine stays plugged in and I have gone over 2 weeks without running. No issues.

Reactions: Texas SRT8
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.