Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbe needs some help. Just purchased a Trinity and anxiously awaiting its arrival. I recently purchased a slightly modified '07 GC and not sure if was previously tuned. My guess is, it probably has. Will I run into any issues when it I first plug it in? I read a previous thread where it was able to save the stock settings and therefore couldn't be tuned with out the help of someone at DS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad App

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Depends. You'll have an issue if the tune is still in it. MOST people return them to stock and sell the tuner, unless you have a bunch of supporting mods that needs the tune to run right.

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess it was already tuned..........Just installed and plugged in the new Trinity T1000 I received today on my '07 Jeep GCSRT8. Trinty says it can't back-up factory setting because a previous Trinity tune is already installed. I had a feeling this would happen as was stated in my previous post. Do I need to go to the dealer and have it flashed back to original settings or is there something Diablosport can do on their end?

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talked to my Jeep dealer a few minutes ago. They can reset to factory for $108-160. The Trinity just realllly expensive. Now I'm into it for over $700. Perhaps I should just return it and stay with the tune thats been installed. The Jeep runs great. Flip side, I don't know what was installed and for what octane it was tuned for. I've been putting in 93, but it could be tuned for something else. I'm going to call Diablosport this morning as they don't seem to reply to questions very fast on their forum. Hard to imagine I get 40 views and nobody has run into this problem before?

· Registered
914 Posts
I have researched this same issue before as I am going to have to do something similar in the near future. A representative from Diablosport responded to a thread I started and mentioned that you can hook up the Trinity to your vehicle and call Tech Support and they can walk you through a process to force your vehicle back to stock.

Reactions: sparkdogy2k

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, I remember seeing the post about a Preditor, but wanted to make sure that was the same for the Trinity. I assume it is....

· Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Diablosport walked me through the reset process. So no trip to the dealer!! Took about 15 min and forced a reset. I was able to plug in and install a new tune without any problem. If you have an '07, don't leave it pluged in and turn off the car, the autodoor locks don't work. I also heard it may cause the battery to die. Thread can be closed.

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
u guys rememeber the name of the wire we use to hook a wideband gauge to the trinity?? i have it but forget the name of the wire we used???

Reactions: Rufjatt

· Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Reactions: nyjoed

· Premium Member
1,405 Posts

· Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Will this power up the trinity with my aeroforce gauges? both of my aeroforce gauges woeking plus trinity at the same time??

i dont think u can use the aero force gauges and trinity at the same time cause they both utilize the obd port i think.

Reactions: Rufjatt
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.