Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I first bought my 2010 Jeep about a two ago, there were some minor cosmetic damages to the paint, rims, and front bumper. The front bumper was by far the worst due to the fact it was hanging a bit in the front center with deep scratches on either side from the truck bottoming out. Obviously, the former owner didn’t know how to drive a truck. SHE/he must have backed out of a steep driveway and ripped out three rivets from the bottom of the fascia. Basically, the exterior needed some serious touch-ups.

About one month ago, I got a quote in Hobbs NM, where I live, at a body shop for the front bumper and they quoted me at $700! So, I decided that I was going to wait until it got to the point where I could justify this amount of money.

Yesterday, I brought the Jeep into the dealership for an oil change and a cooling system drain, flush and refill. Note: normally I would do the work myself but I am in Hobbs temporarily and I don’t have the right tools to do the job. So yesterday after work, I arrived at the dealership to pick it up. I walked out of the building to see my front bumper basically ripped off the front end. Whoever drove it out of the garage ran over the cement parking block and basically ripped the bottom of my bumper completely off. The funny thing is nobody knew about it or would fess up to it! Initially, my heart sank but then I realized that I was going to get the bumper fixed for free! So after about 45 minutes of arguing with the guy about whether they were going to fix it or not, he finally agreed to get me a new bumper. I like to call Hobbs, Half Ass Hobbs, because every business in Hobbs has no idea how to treat customers correctly.

Sorry for the long story but I wanted to tell all the details to see if anyone had a similar situation happen to them. I've never been so mad but happy at the same.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Yeah bro I know what you mean. Long story short I moved back to Roswell for a year like 2 years ago. Not many options for mechanics. No actual Jeep dealer in town, just an old crappy dodge dealer. I went in asking questions about an oil change and said f-this place. I just got a bad feeling about it. I travel a lot with my job so a lot of my tools were in other states while I was home on break. I ended up driving to Artesia to have my oil changed lol. But yeah, all businesses down there seem that way. Most anywhere I go I end up having a problem with someone about customer service. I usually let them have a piece of my mind. I recently just told another dealer in Rio Rancho to f_uck off. Literally that's what I told them. I drove 30 minutes across town and got treated right. Needless to say who will get all my business now.

· Demonized
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah bro I know what you mean. Long story short I moved back to Roswell for a year like 2 years ago. Not many options for mechanics. No actual Jeep dealer in town, just an old crappy dodge dealer. I went in asking questions about an oil change and said f-this place. I just got a bad feeling about it. I travel a lot with my job so a lot of my tools were in other states while I was home on break. I ended up driving to Artesia to have my oil changed lol. But yeah, all businesses down there seem that way. Most anywhere I go I end up having a problem with someone about customer service. I usually let them have a piece of my mind. I recently just told another dealer in Rio Rancho to f_uck off. Literally that's what I told them. I drove 30 minutes across town and got treated right. Needless to say who will get all my business now.
I hear ya man. Worst part is that there is no competition so these shops can charge what ever they want and get away with it. It's a monopoly.

· That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
its always to hear a story like that when the dealer actually has to pay up and fix it for you. Glad to hear you got it figured out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.