Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i went to the dealer to make an appointment for a transmission service n transfercase service n oil change, this is what they quoted me. Does this seem right?

Transmission service= $ 189.95

Transfercase service= $ 234.95

Oil change= $ 94.95

Total 520 plus tax

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Tranny not sure about, TC is probably about right for the dealer fluid is most likely 75 a qt. from them, need 2. Oil change I buy my own when its on sale with filter, can usually get it for around 50. My dealer only charges me 7 to change it, so you can save some that way.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Honestly to me that sounds outrageous. Get the service info off WKjeeps and your own fluids and take them to an independent trans shop and have them change the fluids.

5 quarts ATF+4 fluid =$25
7 quarts 0w-40 or 5w-40 oil w/ filter= $50 w/special
2 quarts NV-146 fluid= $80 online
5 quarts 75w-140 gear oil= $70
Total= roughly $225

Fair fluid changing fee would be about $100-150ish IMO

Might as well change the trans filter while they are in there and change the front and rear diffs too.

Reactions: Knuckles

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
If you are buying a STAGE 2 valve body wait until you have it to do the tranny or you will just be paying for it twice.

Jim

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think I had the trans flushed/filled, TC changed fluid, and the rear diff done at the dealership for a little under $500.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
dealer cost.... yes..... but if you have basic hand tools just do it yourself. helluva lot cheaper. take u maybe 2 hours to do it if you've never done it before

·
Registered
148 Posts
if you register at jeep.com u can get oil and tire rotation coupon for 19.99

·
Registered
921 Posts
That's about the same price I paid last month for that same service at the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.