Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, as some may know I purchased my Jeep through a reliable FORD dealership. When negotiating the price I made it very clear I wanted an extended warranty or I would look elsewhere. So they offered me a FORD bumper to bumper(don't know the exact name, I can find it if necessary) good till April 2016 or 75,000 miles, for a price I believed acceptable-$2350.

I get a call from them this morning(two weeks after taking the car home) telling me Ford will not cover this "type" of Jeep vehicle and they have found me an even "BETTER" warranty-"Longer time frame and more miles, FOR LESS MONEY!"-So I ask for the company providing the new warranty, MBPI is the company.

I have found little to no positive review for this company. Used, none-repaired parts going in cars, giving the run-a-round for very simple warranty repairs. You get the idea.

I have not signed anything saying I agree to the new warranty provider. I just want to make sure I get what I paid for. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
just bring your truck to a chrysler dealer and buy warranty from them

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've already bought and paid for the "Ford" warranty. Now they say Ford will not honor the warranty I signed for when purchasing the Jeep.

hey bro i'm a finance director for a toyota store. all you need to do is go in to that "reputable" ford dealer and fill out a cancelation form. they are 100% cancelable. realistically since the coverage actually was never in affect you should be getting the entire ammount reimbursed. the two companies we use will flat cancel if you do so with in a month of buying it. otherwise it will be a prorated calculation. but neither of my warranty companies would cover an SRT8. so i had to venture out elswhere to get coverage(route 66 easy street plan) and so far not too bad... the inspector for my first claim made notes of my exhaust CAI... and they covered my transfer case motor and a lower control arm! let me know if you need any assistance or guidance... :D i'd even call and speak to this finance guy over at this dealer to help you out... ha i love putting my dealership knowledge to good use on other dealers!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey bro i'm a finance director for a toyota store. all you need to do is go in to that "reputable" ford dealer and fill out a cancelation form. they are 100% cancelable. realistically since the coverage actually was never in affect you should be getting the entire ammount reimbursed. the two companies we use will flat cancel if you do so with in a month of buying it. otherwise it will be a prorated calculation. but neither of my warranty companies would cover an SRT8. so i had to venture out elswhere to get coverage(route 66 easy street plan) and so far not too bad... the inspector for my first claim made notes of my exhaust CAI... and they covered my transfer case motor and a lower control arm! let me know if you need any assistance or guidance... :D i'd even call and speak to this finance guy over at this dealer to help you out... ha i love putting my dealership knowledge to good use on other dealers!
The finance guy is the one who informed me Ford well not honor the warranty. Maybe you can tell me if this is normal behavor or not? It seems a little fishy to me. To offer a warranty, take paymet for the car including warranty and then call to say the company offering the warranty will not cover "that type of Jeep".

I guess the red flags flew up when I googled the company they are tyring to get me to switch too.

Thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
284 Posts
The finance guy is the one who informed me Ford well not honor the warranty. Maybe you can tell me if this is normal behavor or not? It seems a little fishy to me. To offer a warranty, take paymet for the car including warranty and then call to say the company offering the warranty will not cover "that type of Jeep".

I guess the red flags flew up when I googled the company they are tyring to get me to switch too.

Thanks for your advice!
no problem... yeah i'm guessing that "better" warranty they are trying to switch you to is that dealers warranty. and from what it seems like the company has not been around for very long. (i'd be pretty cautious) we all know good ole google will pull up just about anything. but do keep in mind that people normally dont go out of their way to blog about good experiences with them. ha normally only the bad reports hit the web. now if you included the warranty into your loan. the cancelation is no different. i would tell them you do not want any coverage through them. they can flat cancel the ford warranty that was never in affect. and that would be applied to the principle balance of your loan. so basically like it was never there. you will just end up paying your rig off sooner than expected. feel free to PM me... might be easier to talk on the phone about it...

Reactions: hevy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to the dealership this afternoon. They where very frustrated, to say the least, that I had decided not accept the new warranty company. Once I told them, their tone and attitude changed to a very rude and unprofessional way of handling business. So, for chits and giggles I decided to cancel my gap insurance thru them as well. Not sure if it was the best idea, but I figured I could find it elsewhere cheaper. If I can't, at the very least THEY wont make the mark up on it.

Overall I have to say this was a GREAT learning experience. I appreciate the PM's and advice that I have received.

P.S. NEVER BUY A JEEP AT A FORD DEALERSHIP:p

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I went to the dealership this afternoon. They where very frustrated, to say the least, that I had decided not accept the new warranty company. Once I told them, their tone and attitude changed to a very rude and unprofessional way of handling business. So, for chits and giggles I decided to cancel my gap insurance thru them as well. Not sure if it was the best idea, but I figured I could find it elsewhere cheaper. If I can't, at the very least THEY wont make the mark up on it.

Overall I have to say this was a GREAT learning experience. I appreciate the PM's and advice that I have received.

P.S. NEVER BUY A JEEP AT A FORD DEALERSHIP:p
hey good to hear you got this all sorted out. if you need any advice or tips on purchasing the new one let me know. ha and to say the least i'm not surprised they acted like that towards you. ha now they didn't make anything but a little reserve from the bank off you... i can say the harold zeigler group is a good group to deal with. my good buddy works at a Zeigler store here in town. and by the way there is not many insurance companies that provide GAP. i believe its a good idea to have it... so check with your insurance company...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.