Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my Stillens and decided to go a different route. Extremely glad I did. Finally jumped in for some painted lights. DC was right on the money in terms of shipping time, and quickly answered a few questions I had before pushing the PayPal button. Great vendor to deal with.

Quality of the work is good, and no complaints. Did not realize that replacements would come complete with harnesses and even bulbs. Didn't need them cause I have silver turns and hids, but nice to have some back ups.

For those wondering, the install is fairly easy, plug and play, and straight forward. Removed grille only. On intake side, since I have a BWoody, was able to reach up and get two bottom screws easily. Other side took a little contorting and hand twisting, but not a big problem.

All I did was run it up on the ramps and go for it. Before removal of oems, marked driveway location, and put a few + marks with tape on the garage door for re- alignment. Dialed em back in in a few minutes and was done. Am very pleased overall.

Laid some Venture film on them to prevent chips. Went with the clear this time instead of light smoke so you can see the paint job better. Just an FYI, ....but the oems had the film on them for close to six years now and when I removed and cleaned adhesive off, they have not one scratch or mar on them. Look brand new. And that's saying something for 63,000 miles. Trust me guys, clear bra and headlight protection works.

Pics suck, but you get the idea, and you can really see the painted options and effects in Dan's vendor thread. Thanks again, Dan, for a job well done.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh217/teda1/jeep/DSC00734.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh217/teda1/jeep/DSC00732.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh217/teda1/jeep/DSC00731.jpg

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Looking great man! Dan is Special company FTMFW. Oh and if you ever get to meet him, you'll understand why he named his company DCSpecial :lol: :p

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
I do business as DC Customs, :fight:.

DCSpecial is my username.....I got that name back in HS since one of my teachers called me that saying the rules didn't apply to me. LOL.
LOL I know I am just messing with you Dan.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Nice looking upgrade Ted! That looks much better than the Stillen's IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Looks good Ted. Any tricks to getting the clear film off the old lights?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks good Ted. Any tricks to getting the clear film off the old lights?
Not really. Just grabbed at a few points, and kept working side to side and top to bottom as I peeled it off. They are thicker ml. than rest of bra, and sticky as Hell. Took a while, but then simply used a soft cloth and alcohol to remove adhesive residue.

And I mean sticky. As the last one came off, I tossed it like a frisby about 8-10 feet towards a cardboard garbage box. Missed, and it stuck to the side of the box like a guy to a velcro wall. Left it there a few days, and when I went to peel it off, took the top layer of cardboard right off with it. Some tough glue. :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.