Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to mess around with an idea if I could make a Halogen housing plug and play to a 08-10 Jeep that came with factory HIDs so that I could do a dual projector retrofit in them that would match 100% low beam and high beam.

The fun part is the halogen housings use a 6 pin plug on both sides while the OEM HIDs use a 8 pin on the driver's side and a 14 pin on the passenger side.

So, I played around with a test dummy set and made it work. 100% plug and play into the factory wiring.

On my set I did green "demon eyes" or "hulk eyes" since they are green, LOL. We also decided to do some custom white back lighting on the projector itself. These will both be powered/controlled by a dual channel RF remote that I have on order.

Headlights off:

The green along with my green LED interior:

Hulk eyes only:

Hulk eyes and running lights w/halo:

Hulk eyes and custom white back lighting:

And thanks to Chad (cmn1) and my friend/business partner on the headlights for assisting with my install. Snapped a pic of Chad's jeep in the shop with mine when we were swapping his switchbacks out to the 92 LED Version:

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

And here is the set we did for Matt aka Glorysends aka eyebrows :D

Off:

Demon eyes, custom red LED lighting in the grille, bumper and brake ducts:

Running lights:

Low Beam:

High and Low Beam:

· Registered
190 Posts
:jawdrop:Dayyyyyuuummmmm!!! Those look sweet as hell Dan...

· Registered
2,123 Posts
wow baller

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Wow Dan, those are awesome! Love them!

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Looking great Matt and Dan. When are you making my new set :D? Dual projectors for the win. Who's ugly red jeep is that? Must be a liker.

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
You're my hero!

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
LOL, you're going to need to give me another envelope with a lot of $20s in it first. LOL
Lol no can do compadre. How about I'll trade you my current ones and give you a few $20s and we will call it a deal ;)

· Super Moderator
11,085 Posts

· PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Those are total BADA$$ Dan. Since
I'm not able to get you my factory HID's this winter due to motor install, I positively see a set of those coming my way in the coming months. We WILL be talking soon.
Jim

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are total BADA$$ Dan. Since
I'm not able to get you my factory HID's this winter due to motor install, I positively see a set of those coming my way in the coming months. We WILL be talking soon.
Jim

Sounds good. Since you are close enough you may want to possibly driving out for the install if you go this route. LOL.

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Was already thinking about that, drive up some weekend & leave you the Jeep while me & Dawn check out the town.

Jim
Cool, that would work.

Looking good Dan. I'm sure the Hulk would approve! :D

Always coming up with new ideas. Got to say the hood looks b/a in that first pick.

I gotta keep up with my own stuff......I was slacking for a bit compared to all the other work I had been doing. Thanks :D

· Registered
1,069 Posts
At least I got to enjoy them for a day....LOL

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.