Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum! Need some help. I recently just purchased a 2014 SRT Jeep with roughly 31,000 miles and after taking ownership of the vehicle I noticed that the dashboard is lifting in some areas. Can anyone shed some light on how I can get this fixed or repaired. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
If you mean the leather covering then you missed the boat as for 2014s the extended 5 yr warranty expired in 2019.

If you only noticed it now how bad is it?
Post up some pics.
You can pull it up and re glue it or use some hypodermics to inject glue through the stitching is good then massage it out and leave some weight on it overnight.

·
Registered
2014 SRT
53 Posts
yeah, good luck with that. I have a 2014 and noticed mine starting to bubble. There was a notice from FCA about it being fixable that I got only about a month before the 6 month allotted period expired... DURING the height of the pandemic. My dealership was closed the entire time so couldn't take it in if I wanted to. When they finally opened, I called about it and they said it was outside the 6 month coverage and they refused to do it without me paying something like $1800. Tried to get the SRT people involved and never even got an email or call back. Just a heads up...FCA customer service is just pure ass...period. I have an extended warrenty and even they won't cover it. This is a common issue with the 2014 model across the board, not just the SRT...and FCA couldn't give a crap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for shedding some light on this problem. I’ve searched some other posts from the past on here but everything is from the last couple years so I appreciate you guys telling me about your experience. The dashboard honestly isn’t that bad but I don’t want it to get worst. Here are some pictures of what I’m talking about. You can kinda see where it’s wrinkling and lifting where it meets defrost plastic vent.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You could pop out the vent panel and pull it up some then wearing some thin gloves spread gel contact cement in there and then put it back down and massage it out.
Tape off the windshield with newspapers or something to keep the contact cement off.
I did that on mine.
Here's what it looked like before

Now after

·
Registered
2014 SRT
53 Posts
oh, it is absolutely going to get worse. When I got my 2014 a little over a year ago, the bubbling was barely noticeable...now it looks like a bloated Angus bulls ass with bug bites and blowouts all over...pathetic...and according to FCA...I can in essence, go f myself

·
Registered
2014 Jeep SRT8. Stock. Used buy in 2020 @61,000 mi. Brilliant black crystal pearl
24 Posts
Great….. I was hoping to find good news regarding this as mine is in terrible shape. The damn trim runners and the dash do not like temperature variation. Lost two trim runs and the other two are starting their bs. The dash looks like I put an air gun under it and let er eat. I guess the warnings were true…..maybe if you call everyday and write letters they will get sick of your ass and hook it up. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the reply’s guys. Little update stopped by an upholstery shop here in town and asked what they could do about the dash and he said he didn’t want any part of it he said Jeep dropped the ball for using leather on the dash the only advise he could give me was to use leather conditioner on it as much as I could to keep the leather moist and not to shrink. For now I think I’ll be using leather conditioner and thinking about tinting the front windshield until I can get it fixed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Also, get a windshield screen. I’ve been using one religiously and apply 303 regularly and haven’t had any problems with the leather or carbon fiber in my ‘17 thank God!!!

As far as tinting your windshield, check local laws first. If it is illegal, you could go with clear ceramic tint. No personal experience but I’ve heard great thing about its heat and UV rejection properties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts