Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rig has been running pretty good... and even after this happened it ran fine under normal driving and fine at WOT. It's very strange... the dash lights and even the nav (sound and all) flash off then right back on. if i'm at a low RPM (sub 1k) it dies out on me. no CEL or any other kind of warning light is on the dash. i have no idea what this could be... any ideas...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another issue... ESM???

i took off in 1st gear using the autostick... i went to shift to second but it didn't let me and i hit the rev limiter... then it would not go anywhere when i hit the pedal... like it was in neutral... but the D was outlined still on my dash and the shifter was clearly in the D position... i turned it off and restarted it, it drove away. didn't throw any codes...

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
i took off in 1st gear using the autostick... i went to shift to second but it didn't let me and i hit the rev limiter... then it would not go anywhere when i hit the pedal... like it was in neutral... but the D was outlined still on my dash and the shifter was clearly in the D position... i turned it off and restarted it, it drove away. didn't throw any codes...
You have an 2006 and they will not upshift on their own Nick... So the way to make it upshift is to have the stealership flash your stock TCM... So in auto stick.you will.either bounce .off the Rev limiter or you will go intp limp mode...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok... thanks jose... i'm still trying to track down the problem...

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the exact same issue on my 2008. In troubleshooting I have noticed that when I use the power windows I can get the gauges to go off/on. Seems like a bad ground / short to me. I got a CEL last night. Headed to the dealer this week.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the exact same issue on my 2008. In troubleshooting I have noticed that when I use the power windows I can get the gauges to go off/on. Seems like a bad ground / short to me. I got a CEL last night. Headed to the dealer this week.

ok let me know if your dealer finds anything... unfortunately my local dealer is not capable of figuring out anything about anything when it comes to my rig... so any input would be great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.