Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps.
Does anyone near or around my neck of the woods run an aftermarket tranny?? I don't know if I should go with SHR or Arrington offers a couple different options. Any feed back is appreciated. Oh I'm getting heads / cam soon too. Don't want to spit my teeth out of my head either on shifts. I have done a few diesel trannys and they shift very very hard and I'm not into that.

Thanks

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
Shouldn't need a tranny for heads and cam, a nice paranount valvebody is a nice addition and
Will help with the added power.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shouldn't need a tranny for heads and cam, a nice paranount valvebody is a nice addition and
Will help with the added power.
So your telling me with the mods I have ( sig ) and then heads and a cam my stock tranny will hold up? Just asking. No I don't beat the crap out of it all the time, just don't want a weak point.

·
RIP Chuck G.
6,339 Posts
So your telling me with the mods I have ( sig ) and then heads and a cam my stock tranny will hold up? Just asking. No I don't beat the crap out of it all the time, just don't want a weak point.
Yes you will be fine. It took me 40k with heads and can to need a tranny and that's because I beat snot
Out of whatever I drive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Isnt your motor s/c as well (looking at your sig)?

I think it would be a wise investment to start looking at upgrading the tranny especially if your thinking of doing more....

There's a few vendors on here who offer upgrades - i'm shopping around at the moment as im not sure how much torque the stock one will cope with over a long period of time - well, that and the fact I'm thinking of adding either a s/c or t/turbos :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isnt your motor s/c as well (looking at your sig)?

I think it would be a wise investment to start looking at upgrading the tranny especially if your thinking of doing more....

There's a few vendors on here who offer upgrades - i'm shopping around at the moment as im not sure how much torque the stock one will cope with over a long period of time - well, that and the fact I'm thinking of adding either a s/c or t/turbos :p
Yes I have a blower. Magnacharger. That why I'm surprised that Junior said I was fine with the stock transmission. Everything in my sig is what I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts