Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on finally doing something with my exhaust after attempting to plan it for so long I want to make sure I have everything down before I pull the trigger.

Parts:
QTP Electric 3" Cutouts w/ Y Pipes

http://shop.quicktimeperformance.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=48

2X - MagnaFlow 12867
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-12867/

Possibly their electric controller.

Now what I have a question about is placement and modifications needed?

Where should these mufflers go in relation to the exhaust setup? What about the cutouts?

Thanks!

· Registered
2,123 Posts
I had new mids made to make it easier u can move the cats back a bit and have the 02s turned off

· Premium Member
1,290 Posts
^^good question bro! I ask myself this on any mods I consider man, exhaust, headers etc..

· http://www.cagannyc.com
1,752 Posts
^^good question bro! I ask myself this on any mods I consider man, exhaust, headers etc..
I have been wondering..? I know some charger owners who are complaining... I really like it loud! But a heads/cam and my borla s should deliver the scream I need...? If someone says cutouts add HP and no cons then I will go for it.

Not to hijack this thread, I thought I ask since I am also considering purchasing a set also...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
5,046 Posts
Cutouts should go after the O2's and before the muffler. Someone dynoed with them and picked up a couple HP with them open.

· Registered
4,269 Posts
With headers and dual 3" open cutouts. Some members on here have made dyno runs w/ the cutouts open vs. cutouts closed. The motor was N/A (no forced induction)
The cutouts being open made more power and TQ at all rpms...
No loss of power because of back pressure.

Now for me it doesn't matter at all... I have a blower so I dont want any back pressure.

· Registered
2,123 Posts
I ran better at the track up here in the clouds with mine open

· Registered
108 Posts
I filmed a dyno session for a local Chev Fbody guy (4th gen T/A) who dropped in an LS2 crate motor. WIth headers and his corsa exhaust system he dynoed at 525hp at the wheels...with his cutouts open (which was insanely loud) he dynoed at 541hp at the wheels...with a little HP Tuners tuning, he got up to 545hp at the wheels with gains in HP and Torque all across the board. We almost crapped our pants when we saw how much power he gained with the cutouts on an NA motor.

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This wasnt a thread about whether or not your going to lose backend power, multiple guys have ran cutouts before with no loss.

Im just trying to figure out proper placement, thank you!

· Registered
5,046 Posts
This wasnt a thread about whether or not your going to lose backend power, multiple guys have ran cutouts before with no loss.

After second O2's and before mufflers....I answered you in my first reply.

· Registered
8,243 Posts
Or you can run them right after the crossmember and turn the rear O2s off.

· Banned
1,577 Posts
I'm thinking about running cut outs too want to sound real nasty

· http://www.cagannyc.com
1,752 Posts

my bad, i thought also learning how it would effect the power before you go all the way through the trouble would be a valuable info... No intentions to hijack your thread... just thought it was relevant.

I got my answers tho! thnx to all.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After second O2's and before mufflers....I answered you in my first reply.
So keep the front end w/ the o2s and then do straight/y-pipe w/ the cutouts into the magnaflows?

Thank you.

Cagan- No worries at all. Theres a lot of info about peoples experiences, there just isnt much in one thread that can serve as a reference.

· Registered
782 Posts
I have cutouts and Borla S for all you local guys. Ryan and Cagan. More then welcome to check them out. Ryan I am running DMH and have them right after headers at the beginning of my Borla S. Love the mod, but do notice a slight less "umph" when i hit the gas with them open. I have no dyno or anything to prove anything, just my observation.. SURELY not affected enough to worry at all!!

· Registered
802 Posts
I think SCAM and I installed out cutouts at about the same time...damn, coming up on almost 2 years ago...they made me feel like I lost a little low-end, but there's definite gain up top. Now with the 426 it feels stronger at any point.

You could do test-pipes with your cutouts too, i.e. cut the cats, attach flanges to the mid-pipes, cats and cutout y-pipe. Then you could slip them off and throw the cats back in, and turn on the rear O2 sensors when it's time for emissions. Otherwise, like everyone else said, before the muffler is the spot you're shooting for. Cut out the spaghetti tubes and throw them in there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.