Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I picked up this intake used, and it was one of the original prototypes. It came to me pretty beat up, and is basically the "village bicycle," because everyone had a ride on this thing! Contacted Harrison due to some install issues, and after a very swift response I got it all figured out. Took it to the powdercoater, and had them clean it up for me, so here ya go!!

Enjoy.

^Added a K&N Prefilter around the inlet so I can drive the truck to and from the track with no worries!

^Close-up

^ Intake Tube all nice and freshly coated!

^I relocated the IAT sensor near the opening of the inlet to stay as close to ambient as possible. Works out great according to the Trinity.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to Stage6 for a great product! Looks really cool, and gets everyone's attention! Even if it was one of the first, and design has now improved, this thing is still great and works like a charm!

P.S. Just need a new sticker for the shroud!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Looks like it means business , what's the stuff around the entrance ??

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks like it means business , what's the stuff around the entrance ??
It's a K&N Pre Filter with a 7in elastic inlet diameter. No one makes an air filter with a big enough inner diameter inlet to fit around the bellmouth/velocity stack they used, so myself and a guy at the local performance shop came up with this idea. The elastic slides behind the bellmouth/velocity stack, and is nice and snug. The rest I just push into the inlet tubing.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
K&n prefilter..I think that's what he said.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Soo.. You cant use it on the street that much...

Do you just swap it out when you get to the track? How difficult is it for you to change out?
Looks badass by the way! I remember seeing that thing when it was new on Harrisons truck. Its a great design. I like the upgrades you did to it. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
17,140 Posts
Looks great bro!! You see your times drop at the track with it yet? Don't forget to add a little fuel to your tune. I hope you have a wideband.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Live For Today!!!
1,048 Posts
looks sweet...i cant wait to get both of mine :D

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Nice! those things are efficient!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soo.. You cant use it on the street that much...

Do you just swap it out when you get to the track? How difficult is it for you to change out?
Looks badass by the way! I remember seeing that thing when it was new on Harrisons truck. Its a great design. I like the upgrades you did to it. :bigthumb:
I swap the intake at my house before going to the track, and it is VERY easy. It takes me about 20 minutes to go from the AFE to the Stage6 Ram Air. After I'm done at the track I drive it home, then I usually swap it back the next day because it is late when I get home. Excellent design, and thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great bro!! You see your times drop at the track with it yet? Don't forget to add a little fuel to your tune. I hope you have a wideband.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Thanks Harrison!! Haven't seen much of a time drop yet, but I believe that's because we didn't get very good weather the 2 chances I had to run it. The season is now over out here. Anyways, I do have a wideband and Joel took care of me on the tune. Can't wait to see what it will do next spring!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts